Does Domain Name Matter?

billybatz9

I was wondering if the domain name matters for seo and other purposes? Right now, I have a name that will not rank for any keyword, so I was thinking about changing it. What do you guys think?

I was wondering if the domain name matters for seo and other purposes? Right now, I have a name that will not rank for any keyword, so I was thinking about changing it. What do you guys think?
Some domains can be penalized by Google even before you buy them. Perhaps it was once owned by a spammer. Or, if a "domainer" owned it and parked it on a domain parking page, Google has a special penalty for such domains. You should investigate the history of the domain and if you're not the first owner of the domain you can bet there was a pre-existing penalty preventing you from ranking.

What's the name in question? Is it just some random fabricated name or a real name/phrase but doesn't have anything to do with your subject matter.

Top Bottom