Does anyone not include the title in URLs?

Jason76

Some think it is important. Some do not. Well, if you wrote something silly would you want it in the URL?

Imagine having 50 tabs open in your browser and having them all titled the same and how annoying that would be.

i had it removed for a long time. had to revert back because google does not notice edited thread titles and other changes if the url is not changed for a long time. this sort of becomes a problem if you make major changes to existing content in old threads. but i did like that without title in url... you do not really end up in a situation where a thread with 500 pages would create 500 new urls just because you fixed a typo in the thread title.

i really wish xenforo offered custom slugs like blogging software. would have been very useful.

i had it removed for a long time. had to revert back because google does not notice edited thread titles and other changes if the url is not changed for a long time. this sort of becomes a problem if you make major changes to existing content in old threads. but i did like that without title in url... you do not really end up in a situation where a thread with 500 pages would create 500 new urls just because you fixed a typo in the thread title.

i really wish xenforo offered custom slugs like blogging software. would have been very useful.
You can use custom thread fields and a template edit to achieve custom slugs, if you wished.

Top Bottom