Does anyone else dislike the word/phrase "Webinar"?

CTXMedia

Web-in-ar. Ugh! Sounds awful.

And it's just three letters short of Web Seminar - why bother shortening it? Really, what's the point?

Web seminar sounds sooooo much better to my ears.

I bet some stuffed-shirt spent weeks selling the phrase to the marketing men too.

Please - bring back "web seminar" it's much nicer and friendlier and my ears will thank you!

Cheers,
Shaun :D

haha couldn't agree more with you Shaun, we have a client that gets most of their site traffic from these webinars and I hear that word almost every day.

Web-in-ar. Ugh! Sounds awful.

And it's just three letters short of Web Seminar - why bother shortening it? Really, what's the point?

Web seminar sounds sooooo much better to my ears.

I bet some stuffed-shirt spent weeks selling the phrase to the marketing men too.

Please - bring back "web seminar" it's much nicer and friendlier and my ears will thank you!

Cheers,
Shaun :D

For the same reason Blog is a shorten termed ... I blame teen reliance on texting and drugs.

Webinar doesn't bother me.
The phrase, posted to the internet bothered me went it was a commonly used term.

Our local newspaper spent a whole year doing that when the got their web site - the newspaper reports all used to start with "As reported on our web site ...".

Top Bottom