Does anyone else allow for anonymous guest posts?

Edrondol

I have a sub board that is called "Ask Dave & Jay" where anyone can ask questions, including those who are not logged in. All guest posts are moderated, but we haven't had any spam, no trolling posts.

Does anyone else allow guest posts in any part of their boards and is your experience as positive?

I am really interested to read that you've tried it and had good results from it. To me it sounds like it would be a magnet for abuse and spam :)

To me it sounds like it would be a magnet for abuse and spam :)
That part is protected with Q&A, bots cannot go through,no spam from them.
Human visitor can answer the question and post their "anything"
The post is not visible to the members.
Their post will be moved to the other parts of the forum or simply removed.
Is it worth to reply to such post? If it is than it will be answered.
Is the visitor happy with the response? He/she might register and continue posting.

Yup. to post they have to go through CAPTCHA and moderation. But we've not yet seen a spam post during moderation. I've really been happy with it. Oh, and my users have posted anonymously asking personal questions.

Do you do anything to prevent, say, angry banned members from posting up a storm there? Just wondering. :)

On my forum only moderators can see those posts.
Even the angry banned member cannot see them which can be very disappointing for them.
"How many of the moderators saw my post? Are they(moderators) angry?"

Yes, in my future board i will allow guest posts, but only in the forums created for the comments to the portal articles.

I allow it in our pre-sale forum. I use CloudFlare so 99% of spammers dont even get to see my site, the other 1% is an easy clean-up. Banned members, if I will ban someone I will ban their IP as well, so let them go around and try posting in that single node.

Top Bottom