Does A Former Member Of A Forum Using Xenforo Have The Legal Right To Have All Of Their Posts Removed?

I settled a dispute once like that as we both agreed since they said they'd never come back was not to ruin all the posts they were part of was by changing their profiles to a non user!

That depends upon your Terms of Use as well. If you have defined the terms that you are the copyright owner then you can keep it. Else the writer may well be the copyright owner.

And for copyright there has to be a "creation height" (don´t know the englisch word for this complex german word) for the text.

I presume any copyright claim that the forum owner considers spurious can be contested. It would be up to a court or (more likely) out of court settlement that would argue about such things.

And nobody would win except the lawyers probably :)

There is no copyright in the EU. We have the" Urheberrecht", which functions a little different than the US copyright. In the EU (at least in Germany), copyright cannot be transferred from one person to another. The right holder can only grant rights of use to others.

Be that as it may: At least in Germany it is currently general jurisdiction that contributions in forums (unlike photos, works of art, etc.) do not have the necessary "level of creation" to fall under Urheberrecht (~ copyright).
Together with the terms that should grant the provider of a forum an "irrevocable right of use" (not copyright) for contributions from users, my answer is also "no".

Whether US or EU copyright is copyright
Yes, but the granting of a lifetime use of said copyrighted material does make a difference in where you are based out of. In the EU, you as the site owner apparently are getting where you have zero rights. In the US the terms of use would still apply as long as you have something granting your use by any post made by members that is a non-revocable granting.

Top Bottom