Documentation for API?

Robert9

Where can i find any documentation about the api of XF?
There are a couple of links here in the board, but they are all dead.

There is no official documentation for XenForo at this time. Just what you find on the forums.

Is this a political decision or just a question of time? I dont really understand why there is less interest to make a million people more to code for XF.

I really would like to learn to code in XF, but it seems much more harder than using a vb.

Please tell me: To find the right programer for doing all my addons here in germany i should look for someone working with the ZEND-Framework? Maybe such one will understand the code of XF in a minute?

It is helpful to install a local XEND-Server and use the docu from it to understand XF working?

Is this a political decision or just a question of time? I dont really understand why there is less interest to make a million people more to code for XF.

I really would like to learn to code in XF, but it seems much more harder than using a vb.

Please tell me: To find the right programer for doing all my addons here in germany i should look for someone working with the ZEND-Framework? Maybe such one will understand the code of XF in a minute?

It is helpful to install a local XEND-Server and use the docu from it to understand XF working?
It isn't that tough to code in Xenforo(though I faced a lot of issues when I first started :( ) The lack of any documentation is a problem for new people to dive right in.
I think once you get an IDE and start reading more classes in XF, you'll certainly get a hang of it.

Personally vb seems hard to me than XF :P

There is an example add-on and a lot of documentation in the developer area here in the forum.

Also, if you look for a developer, there are a lot of reliable guys here doing such work for money. ;)

I'm not really sure their reasoning but I would think it comes down to time. Kier and Mike also do a great job of commenting the code, every single function throughout states it's purpose. xF's documentation really seems to just be done within the files.

Official Developer Documentation is the only major thing that's missing from XenForo. I would hope that it's taken care of after the release of 1.3.

Top Bottom