• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Documentation for API?

Robert9

Is this a political decision or just a question of time? I dont really understand why there is less interest to make a million people more to code for XF.

I really would like to learn to code in XF, but it seems much more harder than using a vb.

Please tell me: To find the right programer for doing all my addons here in germany i should look for someone working with the ZEND-Framework? Maybe such one will understand the code of XF in a minute?

It is helpful to install a local XEND-Server and use the docu from it to understand XF working?

Aayush

Is this a political decision or just a question of time? I dont really understand why there is less interest to make a million people more to code for XF.

I really would like to learn to code in XF, but it seems much more harder than using a vb.

Please tell me: To find the right programer for doing all my addons here in germany i should look for someone working with the ZEND-Framework? Maybe such one will understand the code of XF in a minute?

It is helpful to install a local XEND-Server and use the docu from it to understand XF working?
It isn't that tough to code in Xenforo(though I faced a lot of issues when I first started :( ) The lack of any documentation is a problem for new people to dive right in.
I think once you get an IDE and start reading more classes in XF, you'll certainly get a hang of it.

Personally vb seems hard to me than XF :p

HWS

There is an example add-on and a lot of documentation in the developer area here in the forum.

Also, if you look for a developer, there are a lot of reliable guys here doing such work for money. ;)

Daniel Hood

I'm not really sure their reasoning but I would think it comes down to time. Kier and Mike also do a great job of commenting the code, every single function throughout states it's purpose. xF's documentation really seems to just be done within the files.