XF 1.5 Document attachements not opening for users

Hi,

I have an intermittent recurring problem with document attachments (PDF and DOC or DOCX)
When users select the attachment to open, the forum sometimes presents them with php unusable download rather than the original file format be it PDF or word document.

Is this a bug, or a setting issue, or a server issue? I'm at a loss.

Is it intermittent for all users, or the same users?

If it is intermittent/random for a specific user then that could point to a server issue not interpreting the MIME type correctly.

If it always happens to specific users then that could be a browser issue.

Is it intermittent for all users, or the same users?

It is intermittent with all users. Even happens to me on occasion although rarely. It was originally reported with users on mobile devices, so I chalked it up to the device or browser. But now is occurring with laptop/desktops

If it is the server not interpreting MIME correctly, are there any suggestions for correction?

If it is the server not interpreting MIME correctly, are there any suggestions for correction?

If you're using cPanel, you can check the MIME types yourself. It's under the "Advanced" tab. That said, the MIME types for the documents you list are setup correctly on a default cPanel installation.

By intermittent, do you mean it happens intermittently to different people, or does in happen intermittently to the same people? That is, if somebody downloads a file, does it work for that same person properly one time and then not work another? If so, that can't be a MIME issue.

Hmm, I swore I replied to this...

I think ideally we'd need to be able to reproduce it, to look at the headers in the request and the content received. Does it happen frequently enough that that is viable?

Top Bottom