Do you update your forum immediately when there is a new update?

Kaiser

Do you update your forum immediately when there is a new xenforo update or you like to wait and take your time?
I usually wait a few days to update my forum just in case the newer updates consist of any major bugs. And generally unless its a major update I wont upgrade as soon.

Keeping your forum up to date any time a new version is released is the best practise, security wise in my personal opinion. I am a tech admin at more than a dozen forums and I always upgrade them almost as soon as a new version is released, especially when it fixes known security issues.

i NEVER upgrade immediately, without testing at the stage system...
my vB practice for my big heavy customized boards is:

1. clean local install + play around with it
2. local upgrade with a small db dump + play around with it
3. upgrade @ staging system + heavy selenium testing

if everything is ok => upgrade

everything is happening automated with some bash + selenium scripts

(no, i don't do this for patchlevels, small maintenance releases and boards without add-ons^^)

Do you update your forum immediately when there is a new xenforo update or you like to wait and take your time?
I usually wait a few days to update my forum just in case the newer updates consist of any major bugs. And generally unless its a major update I wont upgrade as soon.

Not really.. I just upgrade whenever I see in the notes that there is some feature/fix that I need. Some of them are so minor I can probably live without it and skip that version.

A security fix, though, is a different topic. I try to upgrade as soon as possible for those.

But just upgrading for the sake of upgrading, no. I am over that now.

I always update my local install and my WebDav test install, and then update my main site when I'm sure everything is stable.
I test everything on my demo forum which is on a freehost, but I havent got to having a local install. You need xampp for that right?

Top Bottom