Do you need to disable your board for the index rebuild after enabling XFES?

There is probably not any technical reason why you can't leave it open (unless you hit the open file limit cap), however if you are running a busy board and reindexing, which, is quite intensive, I would reccommend doing the index at a time where your activity is minimal.

*edit* Mike beat me to it :)

If the info may be of anyones use.

Left the forums open.
Started indexing about ten minutes ago and it's made it past the 800,000 mark now.
About 180 people browsing,
load seems normal, Java is taking up roughly half a cpu core atm.

Unless you've been stretching it real thin you should have no problems doing this without closing the forum.

For IGN, we left the boards open and indexed 2500 per page. It took about 40 minutes to fully reindex ~3m messages. There was no noticeable difference in performance for IGN. Keep in mind however that we have good hardware running for XenForo.

For IGN, we left the boards open and indexed 2500 per page. It took about 40 minutes to fully reindex ~3m messages. There was no noticeable difference in performance for IGN. Keep in mind however that we have good hardware running for XenForo.
Any chance of detailing the spec, my inner geek is curious to see ;)

We have a 4 node ElasticSearch cluster. Each node is a XenServer virtual machine running CentOS 5 with 4 CPUs & 16g RAM
$> cat /proc/cpuinfo

processor: 0
vendor_id: GenuineIntel
cpu family: 6
model: 26
model name: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5540 @ 2.53GHz
cpu MHz: 2533.422
cache size: 8192 KB

We have 4 web servers running XenForo except they only have 4g RAM. We use Apache and PHP 5.3.3 (soon to be upgraded).

I don't recall the db hardware setup off the top of my head (I don't have access to it at the moment) but it's something similar. We're using the Percona patches for MySQL v5.5.12-55. We are currently only running with a master db server but we plan on adding a read/query slave in May to help handle the increased load for E3.

Top Bottom