Do you have a moderator manual and what form does it take?

CTXMedia

I'm in the process of reorganising the moderation at my largest site to put some structure in place.

A part of this includes writing a moderator manual and I just wondered if any of you have already done this, and what form it took:- PDF, single thread in your mods forum, a sub-forum, XF page/s, another software altogether?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Within our staff forum we have two threads that fit this description. The first is just a basic thread on how to use XenForo's moderation tools, and outlines some example situations.

The second is a far more in depth staff handbook, which is really a mission statement, a list of our expectations for each staff member, and a reference material. It's rather long and we require each team member to read and sign it -- it's a bit of a burden but it helps to put us all on the same page and more clearly express our expectations for team members.

When we ran vBulletin, I had a PDF moderator's manual that covered the nuts and bolts of using the mod tools. XenForo's tools are similar to vBs so the PDF never got rewritten but there are a couple of sticky threads with screenshots of XF's mod tools.

As far as the moderating philosophy everyone has been on the team for quite a while most for 5+ years. We're all pretty much on the same page.

I've written a basic Staff Handbook template (7 page word doc) which can be used as a starting point by anyone finds it helpful. It's over on XenAdmins. I'm also planning on updating the Moderator Manual I wrote back when XF 1 was out. Needs updating for 1.3. Will be working on that this week.

Top Bottom