1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you get users logging-in with facebook accounts

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mrGTB, Dec 8, 2011.

Have you had Facebook users login with API

1. Never Ever

3 vote(s)
  2. Very rare

3 vote(s)
  3. Pretty often

4 vote(s)
  4. Very regular

3 vote(s)
  1. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Just a quick poll to see what others say. If you use the Facebook API so visitors can login with your forum using the Facebook login button. Have you ever had users coming doing so?

Me, never ever. :unsure:
  2. RastaLulz

RastaLulz Well-Known Member

Not sure about logging in, but I know that many people chose to register via Facebook over the traditional way a lot more on my forums.
  3. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Not sure what you mean exactly by register via Facebook using your XenForo forum. As far as I'm aware you can only login to XenForo forums using an existing Facebook account you own, but not register a new Facebook account via one?
    RastaLulz likes this.
  4. RastaLulz

RastaLulz Well-Known Member

My bad, I guess it's called log in even if they are registering a new account via their Facebook account for the first time. If that's the case, then I'd say a majority of new users on my forums log in via Facebook. But with that said, a majority of my users are younger.
  5. ChemicalKicks

ChemicalKicks Well-Known Member

Switched it off, had a few using it but no one complained when I turned it off.
  6. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Maybe the admincp could display this type of information.
  7. ChemicalKicks

You mean numbers of linked Facebook & Forum accounts?
  8. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

I think he might mean keeping number of Facebook logins recorded for statistical reasons to look at in the AdminCP. So you can actually see how many are using it, is it worth keeping activated e.t.c?
  9. ChemicalKicks

Aw, you can get the number of linked accounts but not the logins. :)
  10. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

yea. I guess.
    but I was thinking logins.

I guess what I mean ... is ^ info available in the admincp ?
  11. Rigel Kentaurus

Rigel Kentaurus Well-Known Member

I do. The ones that want to try something on the site but never come back afterwards.