1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Do not have permission to add thread - issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by oman, Nov 3, 2012.

1. oman

oman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Don't know how this is happening. It only happens in one forum. Haven't adjusted the permissions of it.

2. James

James Well-Known Member

There must be a permission issue somewhere.

Disable all of your add-ons, do you still get the error?

Jake Bunce likes this.
  3. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Disabled all my add ons. Don't get the error.

4. James

James Well-Known Member

Enable your add-ons one by one to see what's causing the error, then report it in the specific thread.

Jake Bunce likes this.
  5. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Forgot to let you know what happened. I disabled all add ons, and then tried to manually find the source. There ended up being none, and started to work again.

6. oman

oman Well-Known Member

This error seems to be coming up again. It isn't happening on my account, but it is happening on a registered member account. Can't seem to source the problem. Would anyone be able to help me?

7. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That's a server error. HTTP 403 forbidden.

It's strange that it only affects some users. I would expect a server error like this to affect everyone. An addon might be triggering the error, but the actual underlying cause should be something on the server itself. Ideally you should contact your host or server person to pull the error logs on the server to discovered the cause. Otherwise you can troubleshoot addons and stuff.

8. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Will do that. How will it be fixed if it is what you think it is?

9. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Possibilities include bad file / folder permissions on the server, bad .htaccess files, and misbehaving Apache modules.

10. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Asked my host, and here was the response:

That may have been the problem/s. I'll see what happens.