XF 1.1 Do not have permission to add thread - issue

oman

fmDhl.png

Don't know how this is happening. It only happens in one forum. Haven't adjusted the permissions of it.

Forgot to let you know what happened. I disabled all add ons, and then tried to manually find the source. There ended up being none, and started to work again.

This error seems to be coming up again. It isn't happening on my account, but it is happening on a registered member account. Can't seem to source the problem. Would anyone be able to help me?

That's a server error. HTTP 403 forbidden.

It's strange that it only affects some users. I would expect a server error like this to affect everyone. An addon might be triggering the error, but the actual underlying cause should be something on the server itself. Ideally you should contact your host or server person to pull the error logs on the server to discovered the cause. Otherwise you can troubleshoot addons and stuff.

That's a server error. HTTP 403 forbidden.

It's strange that it only affects some users. I would expect a server error like this to affect everyone. An addon might be triggering the error, but the actual underlying cause should be something on the server itself. Ideally you should contact your host or server person to pull the error logs on the server to discovered the cause. Otherwise you can troubleshoot addons and stuff.

Will do that. How will it be fixed if it is what you think it is?

Asked my host, and here was the response:

While investing the issue on the server for your domain "technologyhub.org", I have found that the below server logs;
=================
[02-Nov-2012 12:13:03 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 2359296) (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /home/technolo/public_html/library/Zend/Controller/Request/Http.php on line 637
[02-Nov-2012 12:13:06 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 8388608) (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /home/technolo/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php on line 165
[03-Nov-2012 02:47:46 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 7602176) (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /home/technolo/public_html/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php on line 245
[03-Nov-2012 02:47:46 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 6815744) (tried to allocate 7680 bytes) in /home/technolo/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/User.php on line 1090
[04-Nov-2012 10:34:09 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 5767168) (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /home/technolo/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php on line 2020
=================
It seems that the issue is with your memory limit, which needs to be exceeded. So currently I have exceeded it from 64 to 128M. Please try and let me know if you are still getting same issue at your end.

That may have been the problem/s. I'll see what happens.

Top Bottom