1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I still need aWeber with XF?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Core Freedom, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Core Freedom

Core Freedom Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if it's still necessary to have aWeber in place when we have XF. Yes, XF may not send auto-responses (or does it?).

If any of you are using aWeber still, won't your clients have to verify subscription twice (or can the two be linked)?

2. jgas

jgas Active Member

I plan to switch to mailchimp, because there is an addon that integrates it to xenforo registration.
    Core Freedom likes this.
  3. Floris

Floris Guest

I use the mail feature that's within xenforo, it's sufficient for my 1000 members at this point.
    Core Freedom likes this.
  4. Core Freedom

cool stuff, thanks!
  5. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

The email feature looks interesting but I would be considered that my Xenforo might get blacklisted for whatever reason, for sending out emails. Is it possible to use an outside SMTP server to send all member emails, replies, newsletters, followup etc?
  6. Core Freedom

I wonder if someone is working on an add-on already with aWeber to integrate with XF?
  7. jgas

jgas Active Member

Core Freedom likes this.
  8. samresp

samresp New Member

Any updates on the AWeber addon? I'm also looking for it.
    Thanks for your help
  9. jgas

jgas Active Member

No update. But, be careful with aweber/mailchimp/whatever on a bulletin board.
    I used it on vbulletin and I got lots of subscribers very quickly but the return on the investment was always < 0 ! (read: I always lost money :D )
  10. Non Guru

Non Guru Member

Jake Bunce likes this.