Do I really want to go back to square one?

No importers, sorry. XFA is a volunteered time project with everybody involved working on it when/how we can and made available for free to anybody who wants to use it. If anybody ends up working on an importer, though, I have a standing offer that I'll chip in to any developer who wants to work on it with the provision being that it be made available to the public.

I understand. Not a big deal anyway. As long as it will accept standard game profiles.

Well thanks for all the links and comments people. As the proud owner of a shiny new XF license ...
BabyXF.webp
This place has the energy that used to be found at vBORG many many years ago. It's nice to see. Sorry I'm late to the party. :D

The dance goes on CM and fresh energy coming in sustains that longer term so later arrivals contribute differently but no less valuably. Late? No just later - and there will be many later and later still. :)

A lot of us remember the earlier stage vborg. I'd say here it's even better than that. This community went through a hell of stress during the court case. It has forged community bonds. No doubt as better times come the divisions will develop - it's a luxury of better times that factions are not so destructive. But the core community is very strong indeed.
Look forward to seeing your work in XF.

Well I got back to scare one ok. Everything downloaded and installed. Off to square #2 next.

Not sure whether your sharing your plans for your new site but since I'm curious, care to share? :D I remember your gaming and modifications site (both excellent) and was wondering if your planning on bring either of those to XF ? I was always a fan of your add-ons (weather add-on was a fav of mine).

I noticed in one of your posts you've got your eyes set on one of johns style (still the style king) just extending that you will find it much easier to make changes with XF to get your custom touches done than the previous software you used. Looking forward in seeing what you have planned with your xf license. :)

Don't scare us! :)

*sneaks in and edits. whistles as he strolls back out.*

Soon, you'll be all squared away :)
That's me, square peg all the way

Not sure whether your sharing your plans for your new site but since I'm curious, care to share? :D I remember your gaming and modifications site (both excellent) and was wondering if your planning on bring either of those to XF ? I was always a fan of your add-ons (weather add-on was a fav of mine).

I noticed in one of your posts you've got your eyes set on one of johns style (still the style king) just extending that you will find it much easier to make changes with XF to get your custom touches done than the previous software you used. Looking forward in seeing what you have planned with your xf license. :)

It's the same gaming site Shelley. It's going to be awhile. I have a lot to figure out and I don't have the kind of time I used to have. But it'll get there. The style part is always the tough part for me. lol

*sneaks in and edits. whistles as he strolls back out.*

That's me, square peg all the way

It's the same gaming site Shelley. It's going to be awhile. I have a lot to figure out and I don't have the kind of time I used to have. But it'll get there. The style part is always the tough part for me. lol

Guess what I found on an old hardrive (your styles psds) A blast from the past :D

index-preview.webp

Hey, good to see you around Code Monkey!

Well, you could look at the Post Ratings add-on, which is something that never made me miss vbseo's likes functionality anymore. ;)

You sold me Jason. Anxiously awaiting the file email so I can mess with it. By the way, those sites in your sig look outstanding.

You didn't happen to to find those monkey emoticons did you?

I definitely have them, they'll be on the other computer. If you leave me a PC (PM) with an E-mail address to send them to I'll send those later tonight when I get access to the other computer.

I like the look of that style. Wish I had something like that on my gaming site :)

That is an extremely old design (would ve very very easy to do with xf) If I did something similar there I'd give it a more update look with adding some nice textures and losing that inner bevel. then again and if memory recalls, it's a very old design which we did when CodeMonkey? 2005-2006?

That is an extremely old design (would ve very very easy to do with xf) If I did something similar there I'd give it a more update look with adding some nice textures and losing that inner bevel. then again and if memory recalls, it's a very old design which we did when CodeMonkey? 2005-2006?
That was the design you did for me when I was on vb 3.6 or such. It made my site unique for many years.

A week into my new adventure with a development site and I am having fun again. There are many features from vBulletin that I miss. But one thing I don't miss is all the bloat that I never used. I can see that making mods is going to be more of a chore until I get the standard methodology crammed into my dense head. But the actual mods seem to have better integration with the forum software which I like. So the newbie has some questions for the old guard.

Is there an equivalent to vBulletin's "who's online"?

Is there a dark style version of the TinyMCE editor?

Top Bottom