Do I need an app for my Forum?

Do I need an app for my Forum? 1.0.0

No permission to download

Aayush

Aayush submitted a new resource:

Do I need an app for my Forum? - Measure the need for mobile apps before you commit.

Are you confused whether your users need mobile apps or not? With the all new addon by ForumApps you can measure how many users actually want to use a mobile app.

Your Community deserves the best 🙌
If you have more than 50 unique visitors clicking on the continue button, you would benefit from investing in an app.

View attachment 159910

Support your decision with Analytics 📈
No more...

Read more about this resource...

Hi. What exactly does this do? The options on the screenshot seems to indicate that there is an app already installed, I don't have an app installed so how would I use this to determine if I need an app for my forum? Thanks.

It shows an unobtrusive banner on load first time. If the user clicks on "Continue", he will be redirected to a coming soon page and the click is logged in statistics.

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 7.38.02 PM.webp

Then he is redirected to :

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 7.37.26 PM.webp
If the user clicks "go to mobile site", the banner hides and is saved in his cookie for 30 days.

While this is pretty cool, of course EVERYONE is going to click continue as it's the default response. That doesn't really tell you much and is fairly pointless.

You should at least do some experiments where half the time you swap the banner around and make "Open in App" the tiny link at the bottom and see if it gets as much interested then.

I think all you'll learn from this is that people are more likely to click the obvious big button that says continue than hunt for a different link.

While this is pretty cool, of course EVERYONE is going to click continue as it's the default response. That doesn't really tell you much and is fairly pointless.

You should at least do some experiments where half the time you swap the banner around and make "Open in App" the tiny link at the bottom and see if it gets as much interested then.

I think all you'll learn from this is that people are more likely to click the obvious big button that says continue than hunt for a different link.

I still don't use the 9Gag mobile app because if I use it, I'm addicted. If this banner was there, I would press the continue to mobile site button.
Nonetheless, I urge you to give it a try and tell everyone about your experience.

I'm not really questioning the use of the app itself (which looks great).

It's just this "use stats to prove your users want an app" experiment is deeply flawed. I get it's a marketing thing for you but I'd seriously question the validity of any data from it.

I'm not really questioning the use of the app itself (which looks great).

It's just this "use stats to prove your users want an app" experiment is deeply flawed. I get it's a marketing thing for you but I'd seriously question the validity of any data from it.

You are free to edit the templates as you like to conduct A/B experiments. We all know that XenForo guys are customizers. The addon is for the sole purpose of helping people by providing a tool to measure a demand.

Top Bottom