XF 2.2 Do I get the latest update for $55?

Lucandi

My version now is 2.2.2 and the latest I think is 2.2.9? What the latest version is doesn't matter much, but is it enough to buy the extension as it stands for 55 dollars and get the latest version?

The latest update is 2.2.10 which I will get when I buy the 55 dollar extends?
I understand what patch is but how often does patch come and do I have to pay for patch 2 when it comes out? What does patch do like? If not 2.2.10, 2.2.11 and so on?

There is no real rule at this level, one year of renewal can entitle you to 1, 2 or 3 new versions for example. The next version will be 2.2.11 and it will probably be the last before 2.3. If you renew today you have a 99.99% chance of getting 2.3.

probably not the best suggestion here... wait for the arrival of hys threads about 2.3. this way you know that you would also have 2.3 within a few months with your renewed subscription. based on posts by devs in recent weeks, they can land anytime now lol.

but yes, best is to stay up to date. no doubt about it.

patches are usually released when there is a security vulnerability discovered and needs to be fixed urgently. so they might not release a version update for security updates. they are not really a regular feature and xenforo developers would usually release patch files for the older x.x release like they did with the most recent patch release. basically if you have 2.2.x, you should get any future patch release as long as 2.2.x is labeled as supported. i cannot find a definitive place for end up life cycle for 2.x release weirdly but 2.2.x should remain supported for a while.

overall, now is not a bad time to renew your subscription as 2.3 is already quite delayed and devs should start posting about it sooner than later.

My version now is 2.2.2 and the latest I think is 2.2.9? What the latest version is doesn't matter much, but is it enough to buy the extension as it stands for 55 dollars and get the latest version?
If there is only xenforo forum, no media gallery or resources plugin or featured search plugin, you can get xenforo latest version for only 55 dollars

Ok, thought I'd ask if I should wait to update otherwise to 2.2.3 but then it's just as well to update to 2.2.10

Another, perhaps more controversial reason to renew that license on time, is that it overall helps the company to help you. It costs good money to keep developing software and maintain quality, so having good cashflow will help with this and help to keep the company motivated to keep on developing the product.

Use the latest PHP 8.0.x version as XF isn't yet officially rated for 8.1.x, although testers on here are generally having a good experience with it. Personally, I'll stick with what's officially supported, hence 8.0.x for me.

And yes, as others have said, you get to download the latest version during the one year period the renewal gets you. On top of that, you can download every single version right back to the original 1.0.0 if you wanna play with them.

If there is only xenforo forum, no media gallery or resources plugin or featured search plugin, you can get xenforo latest version for only 55 dollars
It's just the forum itself and nothing else. Do I need to do anything special now to get the latest version? One question on that, if I had everything you said now, wouldn't I have gotten the latest version then?

If you have only the forum.. then the base amount applies.
Each add-on will increase that amount.
Each add-on renewal is directly tied to the date of the base forum renewal.
You can't "update" one add-on. It's all or nothing.

@Lucandi
If you have only the forum.. then the base amount applies.
Each add-on will increase that amount.
Each add-on renewal is directly tied to the date of the base forum renewal.
You can't "update" one add-on. It's all or nothing.

For example, I have the xenforo forum and the xenforo media gallery. I will also get xenporta. and I will get a $110 theme of xentr. There is also the ozzmod spaminator. Upgrading to Xenforo 3 will probably cost me $75 for my replacement xenforo and media gallery and others.

$75 for Xenforo and media gallery. For other add-ons, I have to pay the renewal fee of the add-ons. Otherwise I cannot run plugins in xenforo3.

$75 for Xenforo and media gallery. For other add-ons, I have to pay the renewal fee of the add-ons. Otherwise I cannot run plugins in xenforo3.
Sounds about right for XF... each add-on (Xenforo provided) adds to the base price of the renewal. Any other add-ons (like themes, etc) will be on top of that base price.
Your upgrade, if you aren't current, to the newer version of XF would be:
Xenforo @ $55, XFMG @ $15 renewal = $70 USD for renewal
Your custom style @ whatever it is = ?????
Any additional 3rd party addons = ?????

So the only thing we can definitely tell you is that the XF and the Medial Gallery will be $70 USD a year. Anything else you have that is a paid add-on that renews will be on top of that.

If you upgrade your base XF (and media gallery) you will most likely need to upgrade your add-ons also, as the older versions frequently do not work with the most recent code base.

Sounds about right for XF... each add-on (Xenforo provided) adds to the base price of the renewal. Any other add-ons (like themes, etc) will be on top of that base price.
Your upgrade, if you aren't current, to the newer version of XF would be:
Xenforo @ $55, XFMG @ $15 renewal = $70 USD for renewal
Your custom style @ whatever it is = ?????
Any additional 3rd party addons = ?????

So the only thing we can definitely tell you is that the XF and the Medial Gallery will be $70 USD a year. Anything else you have that is a paid add-on that renews will be on top of that.

If you upgrade your base XF (and media gallery) you will most likely need to upgrade your add-ons also, as the older versions frequently do not work with the most recent code base.
I have Xenforo up to date... But I paid 70 dollars. I said 75 dollars because I couldn't remember if it was 75 dollars. Yes, the amount I paid is 70 dollars.

Now I have bought and uploaded it but still it says in ACP
he following issues should be resolved. Once they have been resolved, check for upgrades again to confirm.
  • Your license has now expired. You will not have access to new versions or support. To continue to get the latest updates and receive support, you should renew now.

Top Bottom