XF 1.2 div class=Menu JsOnly navPopup

majesty95

I'm trying to change the color of the alert menu when you first hover over it when viewing alerts. Right now it is going to a white background for a second or two before defaulting to a darker background. I'd like to have it just go to the darker background immediately so that the alerts can be read (I have light text on a dark background). Can someone help me with the code or where to find it? This is what I get when I use inspect element:

XenForo 20.webp

I'm trying to change the color of the alert menu when you first hover over it when viewing alerts. Right now it is going to a white background for a second or two before defaulting to a darker background. I'd like to have it just go to the darker background immediately so that the alerts can be read (I have light text on a dark background). Can someone help me with the code or where to find it?
I think the fix is going to be the same as what is talked about at http://xenforo.com/community/threads/a-few-questions-regarding-styling.57415/ (he listed the fix at the bottom of his first post). See if that works.

This must be something you have done with your custom style as it doesn't seem to happen here.

Which particular element is gong white then dark?
I don't see any actual alerts on that screenshot.

This must be something you have done with your custom style as it doesn't seem to happen here.

Which particular element is gong white then dark?
I don't see any actual alerts on that screenshot.

I don't have any alerts right now and it happens so quickly I don't think to screen shot it.

On this site, when you hover the alert tab, it goes to a kind of yellow color for a second and then to the light blue. Instead of mine going to the yellowish color it goes white or very light gray before setting in on the normal gray I would like it to be.

Tough one to find so thanks to Mike, it's in the navigation.css template:
Code:
.navPopup .listPlaceholder ol.secondaryContent.Unread
  {
  background-color: {xen:property inlineModChecked.background-color};
  }

Code:
  {
  }

Thanks! I've updated it in my EXTRA.css I'll let you know if I have an issues.

Code:
  {
  }
It's been a few years Brogan, but did you ever figure out HOW you fixed that issue? I'm working on another style and this is the first time I've ran into the issue. After running several searches last night and this morning this is the closest I've come to a solution.

I've followed what's been linked here and made this change to my template (navigation.css) and still have the issue.

Code:
.navTabs .navTab.PopupClosed .navLink
    {
        color: #990000;
    }

.navTabs .navTab.PopupClosed:hover
        {
            background-color: #ffff66;
        }

.navTabs .navTab.PopupClosed .navLink:hover
            {
                color: #990000;
            }

It still renders this and after roughly three seconds it disappears. Heck, if it were able to be removed with a conditional I'd go that way. But, I'm left wondering where? How? And why did I pull that knot of hair out?

1.webp

Top Bottom