Lack of interest Ditch "More Options"-button

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

erich37

Suggestion: Ditch "More Options"

There is this "More Options"-button, which seems not to provide a lot of any additional options:

current_more_options_button.gif

current_more_options_editor.gif

Suggestion:
- Change the button named "More Options" into a "Preview"-button.
- Add the "Watch Thread" stuff either towards the current location at the top-right of the page (where it is already) or move it somewhere else (e.g.: below the buttons). Or remove the "Watch-Thread"-options completely, as those are already available at the top-right of the page.

I think eliminating the "More Options"-button would make it easier for users to understand the system as it would eliminate the double-dipping (showing twice) of the "Editor interface".

Also, this Suggestion is "consistent" with the interface when you "Create a New Thread", as there it also shows the "Preview"-button.

suggestion_ditch_more_options.gif

:)

Last edited:
Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
What does that have to do with it?

If I want to respond to a thread and lock or stick it at the same time, I can do so by clicking More Options.

I can't using the thread tools dropdown.

how often do you reply to a thread while making it sticky or locking it ?

..... ohh... wait :D

;)

Im fairly sure he does that any time he responds to an unlicensed user. In previous sites, I use that functionality fairly regularly.

More Options is just a phrase. I changed it to "Extended Editor". And if you want to get rid of it, you can use template edits. And in case you want a preview button for the quick reply editor, you can use this add-on.

hmm i don't see any difference except for a couple trivial checkboxes

And it's an isolated editor. That way if you're writing an important post, you're not distracted by the other posts.

Also, as @Sheldon stated earlier, you don't need to see the watch thread options all the time.

Top Bottom