Distinguish "Permanent" and "Temporary" bans in admincp

Gsk8

Currently, there is no way for an admin or mod to distinguish the difference from a "Permanent" and "Temporary" ban in the Admincp. When a user is banned based on points/threshold, the system automatically sets up an internal expiration date based on the threshold, but that date is not shown. See the photo in the post below.

Please see this post:

Last edited:
Upvote 12
The best solution is to show the ban date. If XF is not doing that then it should be left alone. All of these other solutions are simply work arounds that are just as confusing or more.

Last edited:
The best solution is to show the ban date. If XF is not doing that then it should be left alone. All of these other solutions are simply work arounds that are just as confusing or more.
I don't see how that would help at all. We can already see when the ban was triggered or applied.

I mean with the date. I didn't know it showed here. Since it does I have no issue but others may. However I can't seem to see the date.

Manual bans show a date; warning-based bans do not show a date, and that is the purpose of the thread.
Not exactly. Warning action bans show the ban as permanent when in fact it's temporary, and it does not show when the ban will be lifted. Fort forums with several moderators, that is confusing. I assume that it's also confusing for the members receiving the temporary ban when it id displayed as permanent.

Not exactly. Warning action bans show the ban as permanent when in fact it's temporary, and it does not show when the ban will be lifted. Fort forums with several moderators, that is confusing. I assume that it's also confusing for the members receiving the temporary ban when it id displayed as permanent.
Yeah, I just posted the bare minimum as I have a lot I'm doing right now. He could have just read the OP and linked post for clarity.

@beerForo here is an image that might help explain a bit better. It's from post on this thread.

The point is to show the "Temp" bans with the lift date :)

Attachments

• 1604334664989.webp
    1604334664989.webp
    67.2 KB · Views: 16
This is what i do.

I create groups which indicate that they are given a day off ban, a suspension, and a permanent ban which is banned.
I colour code them.

I'm in agreeance with the OP we need something that automatically links these bans to the right groups.
It's frustrating when it doesn't work properly.

Top Bottom