Displaying a forum in a page node

I have been googling and this was the closest hit that showed up for what I want to do.

I have a forum page that I want to display a forum section in. I thought it would be a simple <xen:include in the page's templateHTML with some parameters to the forum sub section I want to show in the page.

I'm new and still learning xenForo, however, is something like this really what I would have to do?

OK, I did simply add the following: <xen:include template="forum_view" />

I think I just need to pass it some parameters becuase an empty section appeared, which makes sense, and an error stating that there are invalid parameters.

I tried searching the templates for "forum_view" to determine the parameters but could not find any.

Thoughts? thanks!

Sorry if I derailed this thread :(

Code:
Template Errors: _page_node.24
Argument 2 passed to XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperNodeClasses() must be an array, null given in /home/rpfitz/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php, line 2104
array_key_exists() [<a href='function.array-key-exists'>function.array-key-exists</a>]: The second argument should be either an array or an object in /home/rpfitz/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php, line 2108
htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/rpfitz/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 264:
263:
264:     ' . XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::callHelper('pagenavhtml', array('public', htmlspecialchars($threadsPerPage, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), htmlspecialchars($totalThreads, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), htmlspecialchars($page, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), 'forums', $forum, $pageNavParams, false, array())) . '
265:
array_map() [<a href='function.array-map'>function.array-map</a>]: Argument #2 should be an array in /home/rpfitz/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php, line 1306:
1305: $__compilerVar35 .= '
1306:             ';
1307: if ($inlineModOptions['approve'])
implode() [<a href='function.implode'>function.implode</a>]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/rpfitz/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php, line 1307:
1306:             ';
1307: if ($inlineModOptions['approve'])
1308: {
htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/rpfitz/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 1490:
1489:    
1490:     ' . XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::callHelper('pagenavhtml', array('public', htmlspecialchars($threadsPerPage, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), htmlspecialchars($totalThreads, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), htmlspecialchars($page, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), 'forums', $forum, $pageNavParams, false, array())) . '
1491: </div>';

Top Bottom