XF 1.4 Display votes publicly after a Poll is posted

When I create a poll, I see there's an option to "Display votes publicly."

However when I edit an already posted poll, I don't have the option to turn this on. I can only turn it on once when I create the poll.

Is there a fix for this?

It's only available when creating the poll.

It would be an invasion of privacy to do so after votes have been cast.

I can see why that could be seen as a valid reason, but I don't believe it should be like this for future updates. Especially when users are using this feature and they didn't realize that they could have turned that on before they created it.

If someone in retrospect wants it to be a public poll, but already 10 votes are in, they aren't going to feel inclined to remake it. I've never heard of a feature or option that can't be edited later in a forum software, so this reason seems really weird to me. An Admin should be able to change this setting.

It should be left to the poll creator to decide in the first place what they want (and if it's privacy issues or not), and if they make a public poll first, then they can just say "This is a public poll, your votes will appear" or something to that effect.

Hopefully in the future this feature will become available. Thanks for the response @Brogan.

I completely disagree with adding the ability for anyone to change a poll from private to public once votes have been cast. As a user, I can currently vote in confidence knowing that no-one will ever see my vote. I'd be very annoyed to suddenly find my private vote exposed to the public.

A better solution would be to have the 'display votes publically' option ticked by default for poll creation.

You would have to edit the helper_poll_create template and add the checked="checked" where indicated.

Rich (BB code):
<li><label><input type="checkbox" name="poll[public_votes]" value="1" checked="checked" /> {xen:phrase display_votes_publicly}</label></li>

Top Bottom