• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Display the forum the thread is in - Latest post

faeronsayn

Hello guys,

I am using ****** - Advanced Statistics...

I think the development for this mod has stopped, or I just can't find anything on it.

Anyways.. I am trying to add the forum the thread is located in, when its being displaying in the latest post block...

http://localhostr.com/file/qDlyrSi/******%20problem.PNG

as you can see, this only displays the thread name and the username what I want is for it to display the forum name the thread is located in as well, maybe beside the username, or something like that.

Here is the code that I think corresponds to this section...

Code:
<div class="******AdvStats_SectionItem ******AdvStats_Thread">
<div class="******AdvStats_SectionItemBlock ******AdvStats_SectionItemTitle ******AdvStats_ThreadTitle{xen:if '{$thread.isNew}', ' new'}">
<a href="{xen:link '{xen:if '{$thread.isNew}', 'threads/unread', 'threads'}', {$thread}}">
<xen:if is="@******AdvStats_ThreadTitleChars > 0">
{xen:helper wordtrim, {$thread.title}, @******AdvStats_ThreadTitleChars}
<xen:else />
{$thread.title}
</xen:if>
</a>
</div>
<div class="******AdvStats_SectionItemBlock ******AdvStats_SectionItemInfo ******AdvStats_ThreadLastPoster">
<xen:username user="$thread" rich="true" />

</div>
</div>
I guess I am trying to add this there
Code:
<a href="{xen:link forums, $post}">{$post.node_title}</a>
or something similar to display the node its located in, but it won't show it... when I put it in...
If someone could tell me what phrase I should put in which section of this template, it would be great.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I will need to look at the addon to know if the forum title can be added. Do you have a link for that addon so I can install it myself?

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Edit this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> ******AdvStats_threads_latest

Add the red code:

Code:
<div class="******AdvStats_SectionItem ******AdvStats_Thread">
	<div class="******AdvStats_SectionItemBlock ******AdvStats_SectionItemTitle ******AdvStats_ThreadTitle{xen:if '{$thread.isNew}', ' new'}">
		<a href="{xen:link '{xen:if '{$thread.isNew}', 'threads/unread', 'threads'}', {$thread}}">
			<xen:if is="@******AdvStats_ThreadTitleChars > 0">
				{xen:helper wordtrim, {$thread.title}, @******AdvStats_ThreadTitleChars}
			<xen:else />
				{$thread.title}
			</xen:if>
		</a>
		posted in <a href="{xen:link 'forums', {xen:array 'node_id={$thread.node_id}', 'title={$thread.forum_title}'}}">[{$thread.forum_title}]</a>
	</div>
	<div class="******AdvStats_SectionItemBlock ******AdvStats_SectionItemInfo ******AdvStats_ThreadLastPoster">
		<xen:username user="$thread" rich="true" />
	</div>
</div>
The result:

Screen shot 2011-09-24 at 5.58.16 PM.png

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Thats great Jake thank you so much, is there any way to use this to filter out forums that you don't want on the latest posts block ?
You can't do that very well with a template mod. And I don't see any available input to restrict which node_ids are shown. You would have to modify the PHP code. It is best to contact the author about this.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Note that the addon does obey group permissions. If a user doesn't have access to a particular forum then it won't show threads from that forum.

faeronsayn

Note that the addon does obey group permissions. If a user doesn't have access to a particular forum then it won't show threads from that forum.
Yes thats true, but we have a spam section / other sections ... where I wouldn't want the posts of those section to come up on the latest post block, for obvious reasons.

is there any way to use this to filter out forums that you don't want on the latest posts block ?
i Couldn't find any way of requesting this addon for the block as the author does not seem to support / enhance it anymore, i decided to see if i could fudge a way of doing it ;)

in library\******AdvStats I edited the Renderer.php file

I can control which forums are displayed in the following section of code:-

PHP:
        // finished important params

// start looking for forums scope
        if (!empty($input['node_ids'])) {
            $nodeIds = explode(',', $input['node_ids']);
            if ($input['hash'] == self::calcHash($nodeIds)) {
                // the hash is validated, use the list of forums now!
                $conditions['******AdvStats_forum_ids'] = $nodeIds;
            }
        }
So i tried the following code:-

PHP:
// finished important params

for($x=0;$x < count($nodeIds); $x++) {
if($nodeIds[$x]=="15") {
unset($nodeIds[$x]);
}
}
where 15 is the id of the forum section i want to filter

but if the unset line is in then i get an error displayed as follows:-

An exception occurred: Undefined index: section_forum_id in public_html/library/******AdvStats/Renderer.php on line 188
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in ******AdvStats/Renderer.php at line 188
******AdvStats_Renderer::renderSectionThreadPrepare()
call_user_func_array() in ******AdvStats/Renderer.php at line 275
******AdvStats_Renderer::renderSection() in ******AdvStats/Renderer.php at line 387
******AdvStats_Renderer::_prepareSectionForWrapper() in ******AdvStats/Renderer.php at line 27
******AdvStats_Renderer::renderWrapper() in ******AdvStats/Listener.php at line 66
******AdvStats_Listener::template_post_render()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 54
XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 195
XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 110
XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 135
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 565
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
XenForo_FrontController->run() in public_html/index.php at line 13

any help as I am new to Xenforo and so not sure what is causing this ?

Lines 188+ of the code are as follows:-

PHP:
        if (empty($conditions['******AdvStats_forum_ids']) AND $input['section_forum_id'] > 0) {
            // this is a custom section but hash was invalid or something like that
            // we will have to calculate the list of forums here
            $viewableNodes = self::getSharedData(******AdvStats_Renderer::SHARED_DATA_VIEWABLE_NODES);
            $nodeIds = self::getNodeIds($viewableNodes, $input['section_forum_id']);
        }

tried that and if so i get the error of

An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

i changed line 188 to be

if ((empty($conditions['******AdvStats_forum_ids'])) AND ($input['section_forum_id'] > 0) AND (isset($input['section_forum_id']))) {

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
An unexpected database error? View the source code of the page to get the exact error message.

More than likely this is a programming problem. Your modification probably broke it.

the source of the page was the same :)

anyways

I have got further :) here is the code that actually works and allows me to filter out forum 15

PHP:
            for($x=0;$x < count($nodeIds); $x++) {
                if($nodeIds[$x]=="15") {
                    unset($nodeIds[$x]);
                }
            }
//            if ($input['hash'] == self::calcHash($nodeIds)) {
                // the hash is validated, use the list of forums now!

//            }
        }
So by commenting out the if ($input['hash'] == self::calcHash($nodeIds)) { loop it works fine, code is very complex so not sure what it is doing, permissions check perhaps ?

I obviously don't want to leave this commented out, so is there anyone out there that can help me bypass the commenting :) ?