XF 1.5 Display node_list outside of forum_list

king8084

I'm really struggling with showing the node list on any page outside of the forum_list/homepage. Any suggestions on how i can make this happen?

For context: i'd like the node list to be tucked in my hamburger menu on mobile.

The Node model has getAllNodes, getNodeHierarchy, getViewableNodeList.
you always come to my aid... appreciate it. that said, i really don't know my php integration very well at this point -- i was hoping there's a way in via a template edit/modification without having to edit my php files further? else, mind elaborating on the above regarding how to return those values to more than just the forum_list?

Create a code event that listens to the templater_template_pre_render event, use public:your_template_name as event hint and push the required data to the page params from there.

Create a code event that listens to the templater_template_pre_render event, use public:your_template_name as event hint and push the required data to the page params from there.
is that event introduced in 2.0? new territory for me, but i'm not seeing it in my list of 1.5 potentials

Yep, that's 2.0 syntax all in all.

It wouldn't work with a simple template modification, because, as Lukas has said, you would need to push the extra data to the template.

You could do it with code events, I think the one you would need is a template_hook, but eh, you could just go for navigation_tabs aswell, inject your navigation into that and hide it on desktop.

Sorry, wasn't paying attention to the prefix. In XF1 you want to extend the respective controller via the class proxy.

Top Bottom