1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Display Most Recent Posts on Forum Index

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by planetzu, Aug 4, 2013.

1. planetzu

planetzu Member

Hello, is there a way to display the most recent posts (not threads but recent posts) on the forum index page? Would this involve editing the forum_list template? If so, any suggestions on what code needs to used? Thank you!
    1BJK903 likes this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That requires an add-on.

There may already be one available in the RM.
  3. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Widget Framework already has a block for that.
  4. planetzu

planetzu Member

Oops, my bad; I actually want recent threads to display on the forum homepage. In other words, exactly the contents of the following page:

Is there an add-on that can do this? I did find a 'WDB Popular Content' add on, but that displays only the popular posts and doesn't seem to have a setting for displaying recent posts.
  5. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

widget framework also has a block for new threads.
    planetzu likes this.
  6. planetzu

planetzu Member

Great, will check out widget framework.
  7. 1BJK903

1BJK903 Active Member

The widget of Widget Framework is not working correctly, cause it does not show the last commented avatar (it shows a question mark instead) and does not get the child nodes from where the post is posted.

Is there a workaround for this? I am looking the exact same thing as the topicowner.