Display 20 threads at the Homepage

erich37

I am looking for an Addon which lets me change the Homepage, so that there are not the Forum-Nodes shown, but a "Thread-List".

Literally have 20 Threads (no matter at which Forum-Node those threads have been posted into) shown at the Homepage at all times.
So it always shows 20 Threads at the Homepage (this number is constant), no matter how old the latest thread-post is.

When there is a new reply to a thread, then this thread gets bumped to the top of the Thread-List at the Homepage.

This change will also result in the fact that the user will not be able to click onto a Forum-Node first, before he will see the "Post New Thread"-button.
The "Post New Thread"-button needs to be visible directly at the Homepage, alongside the Thread-List at the Homepage. When the user clicks onto this "Post New Thread"-button, he will be directed to the "Create New Thread Form" (just as normal per default in XF), but on top of the "Title-Field", there needs to be an additional Drop-Down-Field which lets the user to select the relevant Forum into which his new thread belongs.

Explanation:
currently, the threads-listings in "What's New" are disappearing after 1 week.
So if you have a small Forum which is not very active, clicking onto "What's New" gives you an Error-message: "No Results Found".

As my Forum is not very "active" and does not have a lot of threads and posts, I still want to "show off" the existing threads at the Homepage (even if the last post at my Forum is more than 2 months old), which will "fill" my Homepage with 20 Threads, rather than showing 15 Forum-Nodes at my Homepage with each Forum-Node containing one single thread.

This Addon would help small Forums to get started.... and show some content at the Homepage.

Willing to pay. :)

I am looking for an Addon which lets me change the Homepage, so that there are not the Forum-Nodes shown, but a "Thread-List".

Literally have 20 Threads (no matter at which Forum-Node those threads have been posted into) shown at the Homepage at all times.
So it always shows 20 Threads at the Homepage (this number is constant), no matter how old the latest thread-post is.

When there is a new reply to a thread, then this thread gets bumped to the top of the Thread-List at the Homepage.

This change will also result in the fact that the user will not be able to click onto a Forum-Node first, before he will see the "Post New Thread"-button.
The "Post New Thread"-button needs to be visible directly at the Homepage, alongside the Thread-List at the Homepage. When the user clicks onto this "Post New Thread"-button, he will be directed to the "Create New Thread Form" (just as normal per default in XF), but on top of the "Title-Field", there needs to be an additional Drop-Down-Field which lets the user to select the relevant Forum into which his new thread belongs.

Explanation:
currently, the threads-listings in "What's New" are disappearing after 1 week.
So if you have a small Forum which is not very active, clicking onto "What's New" gives you an Error-message: "No Results Found".

As my Forum is not very "active" and does not have a lot of threads and posts, I still want to "show off" the existing threads at the Homepage (even if the last post at my Forum is more than 2 months old), which will "fill" my Homepage with 20 Threads, rather than showing 15 Forum-Nodes at my Homepage with each Forum-Node containing one single thread.

This Addon would help small Forums to get started.... and show some content at the Homepage.

Willing to pay. :)

You need Widgets Collection for Widget Framework bro. If your willing to play, please donate to lms
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/widgets-collection-for-widget-framework.1847/

Check out my reply to you in his thread.
Yes it does. For instance, right now mine is set to 25 threads on the home page. When logged in it shows 25 threads from all the subforums you have permission to view. When logged out it shows 25 threads from all subforums guests have permission to view. Xenporta doesn't do that for some dumb reason. It shows all 25 threads from the subforums you have permission to view, but when logged out, it shows far less than 25.

Oh the post new thread function in any forum from anywhere function, that's something that ragtek made that I was gonna include in 8thos bar. He had previously released it but deleted it and I was gonna integrate in 8thos bar.

Oh the post new thread function in any forum from anywhere function, that's something that ragtek made that I was gonna include in 8thos bar. He had previously released it but deleted it and I was gonna integrate in 8thos bar.

well, if you show the Threads, but not the Forum-Nodes itself at the HP, you need to put the "Post New Thread"-button at the HP, right ?
If you tell me exactly what you need from Ragtek or if you remember the name or something from his Addon, I could probably get in touch with him.....

ideally, it would be great to have an Addon which does exactly as described in the first post.
Just this feature itself in a single Addon. Without being based on the "bd Widget Framework" or any other stuff.

Generally, I strongly believe showing the "Thread-List" at the Homepage is more appealing and engaging for the user, than showing a boring list of Forum-Nodes...... especially for smaller Forums.
http://www.8thos.com

:)

This one is better than the first post in this thread: :D

new_homepage_categories_left.gif

Very similar to how the RM is working:
you have the static Categories at the left... and when you click on them you are being shown the respective content (Thread-List) at the right-hand-side.
Saves you at least one click and presents old / new content from each Category directly at the Homepage.

I guess it would save you to click the "browser back button" or clicking the "Forum Home Tab", since you can navigate through each of the Forums by still remaining at the Homepage.
So you just click the Categories at the left and it shows the threads (all threads, new threads, recent threads, etc.) from each Forum-Category directly at the Forum-Homepage.

Via the "Post New Thread"-button presented directly at the Homepage, you can create a new Thread in each of the Forum-Categories directly from the Homepage, by just navigating to the respective Category at the left and clicking the "Post New Thread"-button. So you are posting the "New Thread" directly into the Forum-Category which you are currently looking at (of course you can still change the Category via a Drop-Down when being at the "Post New Thread"-Form).

When you visit the Homepage and have no Forum-Category selected yet, you are being shown the "Latest Threads" ("What's New") as the default interface for the "Threads-List" at the right-hand-side.
In case there are no new threads (if your Forum is not very active and there are no new posts since 1 week), then you are being shown the last e.g. 25 threads - independent of how old those threads are (so it still shows the threads-list, even if there are no new posts in your Forum since more than 1 week).

BTW: the sidebar at the right should/could also be included at this Homepage......

This one is better than the first post in this thread: :D

View attachment 47204

Very similar to how the RM is working:
you have the static Categories at the left... and when you click on them you are being shown the respective content (Thread-List) at the right-hand-side.
Saves you at least one click and presents old / new content from each Category directly at the Homepage.

I guess it would save you to click the "browser back button" or clicking the "Forum Home Tab", since you can navigate through each of the Forums by still remaining at the Homepage.
So you just click the Categories at the left and it shows the threads (all threads, new threads, recent threads, etc.) from each Forum-Category directly at the Forum-Homepage.

Via the "Post New Thread"-button presented directly at the Homepage, you can create a new Thread in each of the Forum-Categories directly from the Homepage, by just navigating to the respective Category at the left and clicking the "Post New Thread"-button. So you are posting the "New Thread" directly into the Forum-Category which you are currently looking at (of course you can still change the Category via a Drop-Down when being at the "Post New Thread"-Form).

When you visit the Homepage and have no Forum-Category selected yet, you are being shown the "Latest Threads" ("What's New") as the default interface for the "Threads-List" at the right-hand-side.
In case there are no new threads (if your Forum is not very active and there are no new posts since 1 week), then you are being shown the last e.g. 25 threads - independent of how old those threads are (so it still shows the threads-list, even if there are no new posts in your Forum since more than 1 week).

BTW: the sidebar at the right should/could also be included at this Homepage......

Is this running anywhere? Looks great!

Top Bottom