Disney World Forums

Looking better Rick. I would still move the search box up slightly so it sits in the gradient and aligned better. At the moment you have the position set at top: -26px; I'd probably have this set as the following:

Code:
#QuickSearch {
    top: -27px;
}

Looking better Rick. I would still move the search box up slightly so it sits in the gradient and aligned better. At the moment you have the position set at top: -26px; I'd probably have this set as the following:

Code:
#QuickSearch {
    top: -27px;
}
Good eye Shelley! :D

Back again. :p

Here's a few little changes (to the sideblocks) not sure whether you prefer it but i'll post it on the offchance you prefer the alterations

disney-sideblocks.webp

If you prefer the above, the following code can be pasted in extra or I'm quite sure through the style properties.

Code:
.secondaryContent {
    background-color: #CAEEE7;
    border: 1px solid #028E75;
    border-radius: 6px;
}
I also lowered the text in that screenshot
Code:
.sidebar .section .primaryContent h3, .sidebar .section .secondaryContent h3, .profilePage .mast .section.infoBlock h3 {
  font-size: 10pt;
}

Shelley is so awesome. I mean, she doesn't have to do these things and she does them out of the kindness of her heart. :)

I just saw a few "Disney"-related Forums and I am wondering if you have to deal with any Copyright-issues when you are using some comic-graphics or images at your Forum ?
Or some other issues when you are using images or words from some other companies ?

Are there any legal troubles you have run to in the past ?

What do I need to take care of when running such a Forum ?

I have some ideas, but not related to "Disney" at all....... I am just wondering what you need to look at in order to avoid any troubles when running such kind of website ?

Many thanks!

:)

I just saw a few "Disney"-related Forums and I am wondering if you have to deal with any Copyright-issues when you are using some comic-graphics or images at your Forum ?
Or some other issues when you are using images or words from some other companies ?

Are there any legal troubles you have run to in the past ?

What do I need to take care of when running such a Forum ?

I have some ideas, but not related to "Disney" at all....... I am just wondering what you need to look at in order to avoid any troubles when running such kind of website ?

Many thanks!

:)
It generally depends who it is. Disney are actually surprisingly permissive of using the word "Disney" - I'm not so sure they would be too happy if you tried using their logo however.

Generally I've always avoided the risk of copyright infringement (hence my site being called 'WDWFans' instead of 'Disney Fans').

It also depends in what context the company provides the content. Graphics that are provided in press releases are usually allowed to be reused on your own site as you're doing them a favor by promoting it.

Top Bottom