1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dislike Post

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Mert, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mert

Mert Well-Known Member

It is great having a like feature however can we also have an option to dislike posts ?

Umit likes this.
  2. Nix

Nix Well-Known Member

As far as I am aware Kier and Mike have said no to this.

Floris likes this.
  3. davadude

davadude Member

Well, that could cause some flaming, so I'd say no.

4. DoctorWatsOn

DoctorWatsOn Well-Known Member

This ^^^.

I can see allsorts of problems myself.

5. Mert

Mert Well-Known Member

There are tons of sites that have similar functionality and don't face any flaming issue. You don't need to essentially show the username who disliked the post . Just keep in mind every positive item needs an negative item in order to keep balance within things.

itsblack likes this.
  6. Green Cat

Green Cat Active Member

I know some people who would make a big deal of one of their posts being disliked.

7. Abdulaziz

Abdulaziz Member

Then maybe it could be optional so the admin can disable it.

itsblack likes this.
  8. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

To keep things balanced maybe apply the "dislike" feature in the default product but leave it disabled here on these forums. Personally, I won't use the "dislike feature" but I can see why other people would want a balanced system in place.

9. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Well i think the dislike feature is simply not clicking the like button and that's balanced enough. This way we can keep the order without actually doing anything moderatory.

10. Alluidh

Alluidh Well-Known Member

11. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Closing this thread. Answer from the devs has been posted on the thread linked above. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.