Dislike Date Display

yessir

I know this is a small thing, and I am so impressed with nearly all of XenForo, but the date display on posts is uber annoying. It should be a lot more prominent imo. It is the one piece of boilerplate on a post besides who posted, that is very important to readability.

I know this comment comes late, but I wanted to toss it out there. Reading threads right now, it's hard to tell how old the responses are without hunting for the faded and tiny text of the post date.

It would also be cool if you could put it at the top of the post and float it right. Under the post means we have to read the post to find out it is really old. It's just not fun and it's not very friendly.

Also, I don't understand why the username is repeated next to the date, since the UserBit is prominently to the left of each post...

Re the repeated name: I suppose if it were a really long post you could have the username and time to glance at while replying? Just guessing. Of course, I generally have sigs turned off and I guess they serve the same purpose.

Or not... lol (Didn't see your post, Calorie.)

Ok thanks, but that doesn't address having the date at the end of the post. Also, I think the semantic stuff is silly if we add username and date after the post content.

We don't say

bla blablabla calorie date.

We say, "calorie said on date, bla blablablabla"

Anyway, I know this isn't changing. I just wanted to point out that I dislike it and see if anyone else agreed.

Top Bottom