Disgrunted Forum Admin looking for Alternatives

Zanthor

I'm a forum admin who's absurdly disappointed with a leading brands latest offering, and I'm looking to make amends to the organization I suggested buy it by finding a better solution and migrating that direction...

xenForo appears to be a VERY solid contender in the Forum market, but I'm also looking for a CMS system for more of an article/blog style content presentation. From what I can tell xenForo doesn't have these features but I was wondering if you had advice on a product I could pair with xenForo to accomplish my dream.

Thanks,

Will

You can test Xenforo and XenPorta on localhost (after purchase).

Color me skittish on making a purchase, the entire reason for my exploration of options is I spent an organizations money on what ended up being utter and complete ***CRAP*** based on the products previous versions not being crap... this purchase will be out of my own pocket to 'fix' the issue.

I would recommend stating what the exact requirements are for a content management system.

There are no specific XenForo add-ons relating to content management at this time, but there are numerous portals. There are also a couple of bridges in development. One I know of is coded by one of the best developers here, @xfrocks. He is working on a WordPress bridge.

XenForo is definitely a great forum platform. I have no doubts as a forum it will be exactly what you need. But we currently do not know your CMS requirements so it will be difficult to advise on this.

I would recommend stating what the exact requirements are for a content management system.

There are no specific XenForo add-ons relating to content management at this time, but there are numerous portals. There are also a couple of bridges in development. One I know of is coded by one of the best developers here, @xfrocks. He is working on a WordPress bridge.

XenForo is definitely a great forum platform. I have no doubts as a forum it will be exactly what you need. But we currently do not know your CMS requirements so it will be difficult to advise on this.

Pretty minimal CMS needs, the ability to categorize content, the ability to have navigation to specific articles or static pages which can be created using a WYSIWYG editor, the ability to schedule posts. Wordpress would be high on my list of choices if I wasn't wanting Forums. http://www.ankenyikes.org is the current site. I really didn't want to bash the product but I've never seen such a swing from solid product to absolute garbage.

(May be the wrong place to ask this...)

Does Xenporta support scheduled publishing of articles?

For example every Tuesday our club has Open Trap from 6pm-9pm and I'd like to write articles in advance to publish Tuesdays @ 5am as a reminder for people and guests of what's going on.

Top Bottom