Discussions4all.com now open!

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 745
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 745

Hi,

I would like to let you guys and girls know, I have opened the newly founded website - Discussions4all.com dedicated towards the general public to come relax, and chat about whatever they want...

We're an open and friendly community - we thank you for visiting our website, and we invite you to Log in or sign up to be able to view topics, attachments, etc and also have the ability to post. Don't worry, it's totally FREE.

I have big plans for this website and will require more staff including Moderators and Administrators in the near future to keep the forum community running smooth and problem free, also I'm open to new ideas so if you have any suggestions or feedback please comment on this topic or post in the forums - Suggestions & Feedback.

One of the things I'll be doing also from time-to-time is giving away free software, like I did here Courtesy of...

Thank you for any Suggestions & Feedback.

We're an open and friendly community

No you're not, by restricting even basic thread viewing access to guests. How/why would I want to sign up when I can't even see what the content is like and therefore have no idea whether it is worth my time and effort doing so? It's just a personal opinion of course, but I think that is a very risky strategy particularly with a new forum when you need new members and new content.

No you're not, by restricting even basic thread viewing access to guests. How/why would I want to sign up when I can't even see what the content is like and therefore have no idea whether it is worth my time and effort doing so? It's just a personal opinion of course, but I think that is a very risky strategy particularly with a new forum when you need new members and new content.

I have tried where you let all guests view all the contents, but no one will sign-up if they see the contents.

It's not restricted for me as a guest. Looks good, best of luck with the new forum! :)

Can you give me a link to any post apart from in "Announcements" that you can view? Because for me, every single post tells me you need to be logged in to view it.

I have tried where you let all guests view all the contents, but no one will sign-up if they see the contents.

I think you'll find less people sign up when they can't see the content in the first place and give up, move on. The time to restrict content is when you have a big enough community to get away with it, or have word of mouth generating new members, or a paid membership. That's my experience from running forums, but it's just an opinion, you have to find your own way, I certainly would not say you shouldn't try a different way. Have you also considered that search engines won't be able to view the content either?

Top Bottom