discount ?

ok thanks no problem, also i have experience running other forum scripts will xenforo be running fine if there are around 500 people at the same time talking ? on my experience on other scripts especially interactive forums, i get to have neverending upgrades from shared hosting > vps > dedicated. now im running dedicated server for my website. quadcore 8GB memory still it's having slight issues on db querries and cpu but it's fine. , it's just expensive.

i dont know but it might be strategies or simply just a glitch or may have been fate that forum scripts for sale and/or opensource is freely distributed or sold cheaply , but in the long run, runs back to the developers to host the site :D

Xenforo is best forum software and it uses the least amount of server resources vs. the competition.

I'm having a hard time understanding someone who is paying for a dedicated server wanting a discount on $140 dollar software.

This site runs XenForo: http://www.tinhte.vn/

It is built really well so for the most part you shouldn't have any problems. You should always use some sort of caching features such as APC or memcached and ensure that your database and web server is optimised.

I'm having a hard time understanding someone who is paying for a dedicated server wanting a discount on $140 dollar software.
- well if there's a free dedicated i'd love to have it but it's not :D the point is i only would like to know if xf is scalable.

It is built really well so for the most part you shouldn't have any problems. You should always use some sort of caching features such as APC or memcached and ensure that your database and web server is optimised.
are there recommended configurations for these?

Xenforo is best forum software and it uses the least amount of server resources vs. the competition.
are you speaking out of experience ? if so can you tell me how the "least amount of server resources" would that be?

example, running a shared hosting by hostgator which only runs 30% of resources for a 1.5ghz dual core processor, how many people can it carry ? :)

- well if there's a free dedicated i'd love to have it but it's not :D the point is i only would like to know if xf is scalable.

are there recommended configurations for these?
XenForo is very scalable. The largest board using it is http://boards.ign.com

I'm no expert in configuring this kind of thing myself, but you will find a fair bit of information on the forum about the use of APC and memcached. Either search using the forum search or sometimes even Google can be useful.

are you speaking out of experience ? if so can you tell me how the "least amount of server resources" would that be?

example, running a shared hosting by hostgator which only runs 30% of resources for a 1.5ghz dual core processor, how many people can it carry ? :)
It's difficult to quantify based on specific specifications. Most hosting providers will not contract you in to a specific hosting package that can't be upgraded with ease. Start off with what you think or hope would be appropriate and raise it if you need to. There's no magical formula that will work out the answer for you.

All I can say is based on feedback and personal experience XenForo is better than most of its competitors and couple that with configuration of caching etc. you should get a pretty decent experience.

Every forum software has recurring fees that allow you to continue receiving updates and support.

The fees for XenForo are much less than vBulletin and IPB.

There is only one official XenForo add-on, and renewal on that is an additional $10.

Top Bottom