Discord Theme [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
After carefully checking the code I believe that at the very least there are parts of your style that are derived from @hirowatch's style.

While it is not entirely unexpected for you to be using a very similar colour scheme (that's the point) and there are definitely small differences, there are also quite a lot of similarities.

Almost every single customized style property is identical in both versions of the style. Again, in some cases, this is not unreasonable due to the intention of aiming for a specific colour theme.

However, in others, it appears as though there are some properties which are too identical to be a coincidence.

Specifically two properties which I found suspicious were these:

XML:
    <property property_name="fontWeightLight" group_name="fonts" title="Light font weight" description="" property_type="value" value_type="number" depends_on="" value_group="weight" display_order="2100" addon_id="XF">
      <value_parameters>step=100
min=100
max=900</value_parameters>
      <value>"500"</value>
    </property>
    <property property_name="fontWeightNormal" group_name="fonts" title="Normal font weight" description="" property_type="value" value_type="number" depends_on="" value_group="weight" display_order="2000" addon_id="XF">
min=100
      <value>"400"</value>
    </property>

fontWeightLight has been customized in both styles from the default of 300 to be 500.

fontWeightNormal has been marked as customized in both styles but the value hasn't actually changed. This would either mean a coincidence occurred whereby both authors mistakenly changed the same property, and then set the value back to default without reverting it, or the styles came from the same XML file originally.

It is also an unusual decision I think to change the fontWeightLight value so it is actually bolder than fontWeightNormal.

The changes between the two styles are minimal so at this point I think it's best we remove the style and then @inzanty and @hirowatch should discuss this in more detail, in private, and decide how to proceed.

After carefully checking the code I believe that at the very least there are parts of your style that are derived from @hirowatch's style.

While it is not entirely unexpected for you to be using a very similar colour scheme (that's the point) and there are definitely small differences, there are also quite a lot of similarities.

Almost every single customized style property is identical in both versions of the style. Again, in some cases, this is not unreasonable due to the intention of aiming for a specific colour theme.

However, in others, it appears as though there are some properties which are too identical to be a coincidence.

Specifically two properties which I found suspicious were these:

XML:
    <property property_name="fontWeightLight" group_name="fonts" title="Light font weight" description="" property_type="value" value_type="number" depends_on="" value_group="weight" display_order="2100" addon_id="XF">
min=100
      <value>"500"</value>
    </property>
    <property property_name="fontWeightNormal" group_name="fonts" title="Normal font weight" description="" property_type="value" value_type="number" depends_on="" value_group="weight" display_order="2000" addon_id="XF">
min=100
      <value>"400"</value>
    </property>

fontWeightLight has been customized in both styles from the default of 300 to be 500.

fontWeightNormal has been marked as customized in both styles but the value hasn't actually changed. This would either mean a coincidence occurred whereby both authors mistakenly changed the same property, and then set the value back to default without reverting it, or the styles came from the same XML file originally.

It is also an unusual decision I think to change the fontWeightLight value so it is actually bolder than fontWeightNormal.

The changes between the two styles are minimal so at this point I think it's best we remove the style and then @inzanty and @hirowatch should discuss this in more detail, in private, and decide how to proceed.
So what?

There are big difference between my style and him

Yes you have made some changes to the style. I even acknowledge in my post that there are PARTS which seem derived from the other style. You have shown me the only things that are different but there is much more which is identical.

Even if this style was 100% started from scratch (and any similarities, even bugs are entirely coincidental) at least please use some common sense and perhaps don't work on stuff which may be mistaken as someone else's.

There are a number of users on this forum who have ventured over to here from the Russian site which also includes content of some very questionable legality.

I am speaking to you all right now in complete openness. That is every single member here who is or has been active on that Russian community:

You won't be welcome here for much longer if all you're going to be doing all the time is throwing accusations around, trying to get away with releasing stuff that was in whole or part made by someone else. We will not hesitate to permanently ban and revoke licenses of every single one of you. It isn't just this incident, there have been many.

It's quite obvious you all have issues with each other in varying ways. It stops now. Every day there are complaints that you're going around giving Sad/Angry reactions to each other, that there are copied styles and languages, that this person is/was involved in piracy.

At this point in time you're all very lucky that you're still here, so please consider this a final warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom