Discord server for the XenForo community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see an issue with Discord, I think it has its utility of course. I dont think you have to go one way or the other. If you need one or the other, use one or the other or both :P

I really thought about your message before adding the chat to my own forums. I feel like I had to do it before someone in the community started promoting his own Discord, which would be out of my control.
That's perfectly understandable, most definitely! It would be a real shame to lose traffic to a third party discord, so at least the chat you have a little bit of control over. I would strongly suggest still pushing as much activity to the forums as possible so it doesn't dry up content, just as a safety! The chat will grow on its own, most definitely, the balancing act is making sure it doesn't decimate your forum posts.

Microsoft acquiring Discord has made me have to attempt to coerce try to get my community to move over... Which will be fun with 1700+ people.

That said, Guilded is way better, and practically every feature Discord makes us pay for is free, so I'll now be saving about $100 a month :).

what function do you pay for?

And how did you manage to convince people of the merits of the new program?
I haven't moved to it yet, as I'm still working on setting up the server.

I was paying boosts for the functionality that boosts give you (server banner, increased upload limits, more emoji)... Which are free on Guilded.

Because of the way that groups work, I'll be able to combine multiple Discords together rather than having to maintain 3-4.

Because of the way that groups work, I'll be able to combine multiple Discords together rather than having to maintain 3-4.
Yes I noticed that too, plus the calendar feature is awesome for what I'm trying to do.
The forum I have to test but dei documentation function is already quite practical even if a little confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom