1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Disallowing members to set up their own "Custom Title"

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Alexey.P, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Alexey.P

Alexey.P Member

How can I disallowing members to set up their own "Custom Title"? it looks bad and I want to be able to control it per group.

2. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

It's a permission per usergroup: Edit custom title

Make sure that is set to Not Set (No) on the groups you want to prevent from changing it.

3. Alexey.P

Alexey.P Member

Hello,

Thank you for the informative answer.
    I did that @ Moderators group, however I still can see the titles the members changed to, any clue?

4. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

What version of XF are you running?

5. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

Just edit the users in Admin CP and remove the text in "Custom Title" field. Setting permissions won't remove existing data.

Alexey.P likes this.
  6. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest if using 1.2 to give the new Batch Update Users tool a go

Andrej likes this.
  7. Alexey.P

Alexey.P Member

1.2 b5

8. Alexey.P

Alexey.P Member

Superb! it works, thanks! :)

9. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Just go to the Batch Update Users tool, select the group that has been changing their titles, and you can set the custom title yourself (and remove it...although I've not tried it myself).

10. Alexey.P

Alexey.P Member

The Batch Update have specific fixes regard my topic? or just in generally a good idea

11. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Just makes it quicker than having to do them all individually.

I've used it to delete all the signatures of members who haven't visited my forum in over 3 years, thus removing loads of dead links and images.