Not a bug Disallow registration for existing email addresses

HannahP

I have been using the wonderful Multiple Account Detection add-on, and I'm finding that a lot of the multiple account users are using the same email address to register more than one account.

I guess I never missed the fact that there is no option to prevent this in Options > User Registration.

So, whadja fink, guvn'r? Please add that option so life can be beautiful again.

Or if I'm just a jackass and missed that option somewhere, feel free to mock and belittle me (then tell me where it is).

Click on Users -> Banning -> Banned Emails

I presume that's the functionality you were looking for?
If so let me know and I will mark this as [Already Exists].

Emails are required to be unique already (and it's not an option).
I see that when I try to use a duplicate email address.

But that check has failed on my forum at least twice, as I've deleted users with duplicate email address. Unfortunately, I deleted them, so I can't show you, but if I come across another I'll not delete the user.

I can't rule out the possibility that I may be out of my mind. There is that. But they sure looked like the same email address to me (and they used the same registration IP).

Are you sure they weren't just very similar?

The software won't allow registration using an email address already in the database.

If you see that happening, you could copy paste into a thread on xf.com, but for me so far xf has been quite predictable - no 2 addresses can be the same.

No.

You are given a choice what to do with duplicate email addresses when importing.
Yes, but I'm not sure what the options are. One is to merge the accounts, but I did not investigate what happens when not merging the accounts is selected. I believe the other option is to change the email addresses but am not 100% sure.

Top Bottom