Disallow "Owner Only" View Permissions For Gallery

Divvens

Is there any permission/option to not allow users to create private galleries (owner only)?

We wish to not have this permission, I tried to edit various permissions on the administrative group (the only group currently that can test the media section which we are implementing) and nothing seems to remove the option to set gallery to private.

Ok so question:
Can I allow users to set privacy of album (to members only, followers only etc.) but not allow them to make it owner only? Is there any way I can allow privacy options to be selected but completely remove private/owner only permission?

Unfortunately not.

You can set the default permission in the Options and then not allow permission to change the privacy. But you'd have to make a call, then, as to what the single default privacy should be and it wouldn't be changeable from that.

You could, in theory, edit that option from the various templates, but this isn't completely right (sneaky people might be able to still set the owner only permission by altering the HTML on the page, or sending a POST request with the owner only value). It would require an add-on or code edits to be more robust.

Unfortunately not.

You can set the default permission in the Options and then not allow permission to change the privacy. But you'd have to make a call, then, as to what the single default privacy should be and it wouldn't be changeable from that.

You could, in theory, edit that option from the various templates, but this isn't completely right (sneaky people might be able to still set the owner only permission by altering the HTML on the page, or sending a POST request with the owner only value). It would require an add-on or code edits to be more robust.
I see, no worries :)

I'm implementing the media add-on and there are a few styling issues, instead of creating a new thread I'll continue on this one (since they are minor and I can sort them out of guided).

The avatars in the post-bit are out of dimension, since we use a custom size (150x300), where can I change the size of avatar ONLY for the comments on media (postbit)? Screenshot below:
01.webp

Second,
What would be the CSS class to target #pageDescription ONLY for media pages?

Thanks in advance :D

There is an add-on by Jake Bunce that increases the size of avatars, so this has come up before. If you use that add-on, I guess this should apply pretty much directly (you'll need to click through to the old support site for the initial code, but take note of the different class names I mention):

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/shrink-avatars-in-media-gallery-comments.92785/#post-896943

Second point I think you can just use:
Code:
.mediaAttribution #pageDescription
Thank you so much. Both the issues are sorted out now :)

Loving the media add-on by the way, it's well done and so easy to set up! And my members are really looking forward to it too :D

Top Bottom