Implemented Disable Who is online, Member List, Profile Page

HappyWorld

I'd like XF to add core features :
- allow who is online to be totally disabled.
- allow member list to be totally disabled.
- disallow certain usergroup (such as unregistered users) to view member profile page.

Note : i've used add on to handle this, but i think this should be core because it is basic function for anonymity / saving server resource.

While disallowing unregistered users to view member profile page will discourage spammer, because some spammers just register, put link on their profile page, and never post / anything. So they rely on google (unregistered user) visiting their profile page and index their links.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
A no from me. I don't see a need for this. However, profile pages can already be restricted via privacy settings.

I'd like XF to add core features :
- disallow certain usergroup (such as unregistered users) to view member profile page.
Who is online can be hidden from guests using a conditional (I do this).
Member list link can be hidden from guests using a conditional or completely hidden using an add-on.
Profile pages can be set to members only in the ACP. A bot is highly unlikely to change any personal settings to make this public.

It would be nice to have an option to set who is online and member list to hidden from guests built in for those who aren't so good with conditionals. I don't think an option to completely disable them should be added - they are, after all, core features of pretty much every forum software.

Very easy to implement via conditional

There is an option for this already, under User Options

- disallow certain usergroup (such as
unregistered users) to view member profile
page.
Edit Usergroup permission

Hi Roland ,
My guest settings are all off except view and view node, yet guest see the left box saying users online. And the members header button shows all members too. Under user options the enable members list is not checked either. Like to turn off forum stats too.

Last edited:
Hi Semprot, does the mod disable for everyone? Or just guest?
I am wanting for guest to not see the list but members and staff to be able to.

Top Bottom