Implemented Disable the use of @username for ignored users.

vk2gpz

If a user A ignored another user B, A won't see what B writes on the forum. However, the ignored user B still be able to annoy the user A by spamming @A in B's post.

Would be able to implement a feature that ignored user won't be able to "mention: the use of @" agains the user who ignored him/her?

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
No they won't. Mentions respect the ignore system, so if you are ignoring someone and they mention you, you will not receive an alert.
well that's not the case. I'm keep getting spam of notification from ignored user mentioning me with @.

well that's not the case. I'm keep getting spam of notification from ignored user mentioning me with @.
I've tested this to double check and it is indeed the case, mention alerts aren't received from ignored users. If you are getting mention alerts from an ignored member, it's likely to be an add-on that's causing the issue. The only other thing I can think of is that you previously ignored the member and they are now a member of staff, as you cannot ignore staff members.

I've tested this to double check and it is indeed the case, mention alerts aren't received from ignored users. If you are getting mention alerts from an ignored member, it's likely to be an add-on that's causing the issue. The only other thing I can think of is that you previously ignored the member and they are now a member of staff, as you cannot ignore staff members.
I don't know, this is happening on the site, which I'm just a member and this ignored user is certainly not a staff member. When I contacted the owner of the site, he told me that I should report the XenForo issue to this forum rather than asking him to address it on his site.

I don't know, this is happening on the site, which I'm just a member and this ignored user is certainly not a staff member. When I contacted the owner of the site, he told me that I should report the XenForo issue to this forum rather than asking him to address it on his site.
The site owner will need to post about this in the troubleshooting section here as it's not a known issue with XenForo itself and support is only given to licenced users.

I do have my own license too...
Maybe so but as the issue is on another owner's site (and presumably doesn't occur on your site?) then they will have to do the troubleshooting as they are the ones with access to the ACP etc.

Anyway as it stands, this suggestion has essentially been implemented as mentions from ignored users do not send alerts.

wait, this is closed?? ignored users can still use @mention in resource update log.
If you're going to "close it", please at least make sure that the use of @mention by ignored user is blocked in resource's update log too???

Top Bottom