MG 2.0 Disable Privacy Settings in Personal Albums

Car_Freak

Hello,

I’m using XenForo Media Gallery on XenForo 2.0.

I’ve allowed “Personal Albums” in Options and set “Change privacy of own album” to “No” in Usergroup Permissions.

However, members are still able to choose Privacy Settings while creating albums.

I’d like to disable it either entirely or for certain usergroups and set default option to “Everyone”.

Please let me know what I’m missing. I’m attaching a screenshot for reference.

Thanks

Attachments

• Personal-Album.webp
    Personal-Album.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 10
Is the account a member of any other user group which has the permission set to Yes?

If so, you need to set it to Never to override that.

Or another way would be to set it to No for the Registered user group, and set it to Yes for a promoted user group.

Is the account a member of any other user group which has the permission set to Yes?

If so, you need to set it to Never to override that.

Or another way would be to set it to No for the Registered user group, and set it to Yes for a promoted user group.
Hi Brogan,

Thanks for the prompt response.

Let’s say the user in question has Primary Usergroup “Registered Members” and Secondary User Group “1, 2, 3, 4”.

I’ve set “Change privacy of own album” to “No” for “Registered Members”.

Now if I set it to “Never” for “1, 2, 3, 4”, it still shows the option to change Privacy Setting while creating new album.

PS: I even tried setting "Registered Members" permission to "Never". Yet, it still shows.

If it is set to Never than that should override all other user group settings.

Can you repro it on a demo so I can see what's happening?

Hi Brogan. I’ve created a Demo and added a “Usergroup-1”.

Both usergroups, “Registered Users” and “Usergroup-1” have exact permissions as on my forum.

I even replicated “Xenforo Media Gallery” in Options. However, it’s working fine on Demo.

Don’t know what I’m doing wrong or if this is a bug in XF 2.0?

In the Demo forum, I experimented setting “Change privacy of own album” for “Registered Users” to Never and “Group-1” to Yes.

That instantly removed “can view media items” listing from new album page.

However, that setting is making no difference on my board whether I set it to Yes, No or Never for “Registered Users” group.

If it's working in the demo then it can't be an issue with the software/code.
What you have described is the correct operation - Never overrides all other user group permissions for that option.

Do you have any third party add-ons installed?

while I’m running 2.0.
Ahh.

In that case I would recommend upgrading to the latest version.

It may well be a bug in 2.0 (although I don't particularly recall it being reported before) but it's not something we would provide a fix for as 2.0 is 4 years old.

Top Bottom