1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Disable/move visitor panel AND free the space?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by creativeforge, May 24, 2015.

1. creativeforge

creativeforge Active Member

Hi,

For some reason I lost track of how to do this. I need to use the full width of the boxed layout, but the visitor panel is in the way, forcing the images out of bounds. How do I move the visitor panel, or disable it, AND use the empty space created?

Right now I have a visitor panel in the nav bar, AND underneath. I don't need both.

c737b6d90e84add07be90d3970f9c08a.png

Thanks!

Andre

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  2. Brad P

Brad P Active Member

I also didn't like having 2 so I removed the panel from sidebar and moved the info into the navbar profile. See below

Attached Files:

creativeforge likes this.
  3. creativeforge

How did you do that? Here is my navbar profile, I see there is room for this, but how?

Thanks!

a1f0916aa824f849d06ea6332e11af9b.png

4. Brad P

Brad P Active Member

I asked the creator of my skin to do it.

But feel free to visit my site and try copy the source ;)

I'm sure this will help others :)

5. creativeforge

I see, ok, will have to check tomorrow, I'm fried and going to bed for now. No idea where to look... When I find out, if I do, I will share here.

Cheers!

6. Brad P

Brad P Active Member

No problem sir

7. Demon

Demon Active Member

Okay, so I very quickly did this and by no means is this perfect. I got the following code from the sidebar_visitor_panel template:
    Code:
    <dl class="pairsJustified"><dt>{xen:phrase messages}:</dt> <dd>{xen:number $visitor.message_count}</dd></dl>
      <dl class="pairsJustified"><dt>{xen:phrase likes}:</dt> <dd>{xen:number $visitor.like_count}</dd></dl>
       <dl class="pairsJustified"><dt>{xen:phrase points}:</dt> <dd>{xen:number $visitor.trophy_points}</dd></dl>

I added the above code to the navigation_visitor_tab template. In the visitor_tab template I added the above code right after the following code:
    Code:
    <xen:if hascontent="true"><div class="muted"><xen:contentcheck>{xen:helper usertitle, $visitor}</xen:contentcheck></div></xen:if>

The result:
    Code:
    <div class="Menu JsOnly" id="AccountMenu">
                <div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
                    <xen:avatar user="$visitor" size="m" class="NoOverlay plainImage" title="{xen:phrase view_your_profile}" />

<h3><a href="{xen:link members, $visitor}" class="concealed" title="{xen:phrase view_your_profile}">{$visitor.username}</a></h3>

<xen:if hascontent="true"><div class="muted"><xen:contentcheck>{xen:helper usertitle, $visitor}</xen:contentcheck></div></xen:if>

<dl class="pairsJustified"><dt>{xen:phrase messages}:</dt> <dd>{xen:number $visitor.message_count}</dd></dl>
                    <dl class="pairsJustified"><dt>{xen:phrase likes}:</dt> <dd>{xen:number $visitor.like_count}</dd></dl>
                    <dl class="pairsJustified"><dt>{xen:phrase points}:</dt> <dd>{xen:number $visitor.trophy_points}</dd></dl>

<ul class="links">
                        <li class="fl"><a href="{xen:link members, $visitor}">{xen:phrase your_profile_page}</a></li>
                    </ul>
                </div>

[​IMG]

So that's what you do but a lot better. Like I said though, this was an example and if I wanted it in the visitor tab, I would do a better job. However, to achieve it you still edit the navigation_visitor_tab template.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
    rafass likes this.