XF 2.1 Disable Language Chooser from Footer + Account Preference for Users

JasonBrody

Hi,
I'd like to know how to disable the language chooser completely for members from the footer part, account preference settings etc.

I want everyone to use the secondary/child language as it contains modified phrases for.
I've searched the forum & found some instructions - but they are outdated & doesn't exists on current XF 2.1.6.

So, seeking for assistance :)

I think you want this:

I'm using it for exactly what you described.

Thanks for showing the choice, but I'd prefer a way without using any add-on externally first :)

Shouldn't you be able to disable all languages other than the one you want them to use? Having only one language for user to use should remove the selector from the footer.

Shouldn't you be able to disable all languages other than the one you want them to use? Having only one language for user to use should remove the selector from the footer.

You meant this ?
2019-12-27_164727.webp
I have made the child language default already (can't delete the primary/parent one for obvious reasons), but still the language chooser is enabled in footer & account preference .

Why are you using a child language of the default?

Why not just edit the original language?

I am using themes/add-ons of different languages too, so the default language consists of the phrase language of those add-ons while child language consists of the translated phrases one. This way it may help me updating the future version of those add-ons without update those default phrases each time .

Why are you using a child language of the default?
I'm also using the child language feature.
If you make use of a language pack which is updated every month, then you would loose all custom language changes every time you download and update the language pack.
By using a child language, you keep those changes. Works great, but it is missing some features that childs styles do have, like disabling certain parent styles.

Top Bottom