Lack of interest Disable alerts

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Jawsh

People are complaining about alerts for when people upload new content but there is no way to turn them off, not even in user alert settings apparently.

XenForo sorely lacks alert controls overall. Please add a way to disable this.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This guy uploads garbage every day and I don't want to ban him from the uploader, but other people are complaining. It says it's "watched", but I don't remember ever watching the category. Other people are also reporting they are getting alerts and don't remember watching either.

If it's automatically subscribing me to receive alerts from this category because I once uploaded to it as well, that's extremely intrusive. It shouldn't be signing anyone up for any alerts unless they specifically ask for it and opt in, not an opt out system.

watched.webp

I get the same thing here with the gallery here on xF.. I uploaded photos.. never selected to watch the test media category, but every time something is uploaded I get the alert...
hkymre uploaded an image called CW9 to the watched category Test Media.

I then unsubscribe, but every time I upload again, I get auto subscribed again..

This is controlled by your preferences:
upload_2015-12-6_0-35-46.webp

Technically, this suggestion is already implemented because it can be controlled by the user if desired, but I will keep it open on the basis that we could look at allowing the admin to set the defaults, like we can for the watched thread stuff on registration.

In the meantime:

Code:
UPDATE xf_user_option
SET
    xengallery_default_media_watch_state = '',
    xengallery_default_album_watch_state = '',
    xengallery_default_category_watch_state = ''
That will disable automatic watching for all existing users.

Code:
ALTER TABLE xf_user_option
MODIFY COLUMN xengallery_default_media_watch_state ENUM('','watch_no_email','watch_email') NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
MODIFY COLUMN xengallery_default_album_watch_state ENUM('','watch_no_email','watch_email') NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
MODIFY COLUMN xengallery_default_category_watch_state ENUM('','watch_no_email','watch_email') NOT NULL DEFAULT ''
This will set the default for any new users.

View attachment 123349

Technically, this suggestion is already implemented because it can be controlled by the user if desired, but I will keep it open on the basis that we could look at allowing the admin to set the defaults, like we can for the watched thread stuff on registration.

In the meantime:

Code:
UPDATE xf_user_option
SET

Code:
MODIFY COLUMN xengallery_default_media_watch_state ENUM('','watch_no_email','watch_email') NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
MODIFY COLUMN xengallery_default_album_watch_state ENUM('','watch_no_email','watch_email') NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
MODIFY COLUMN xengallery_default_category_watch_state ENUM('','watch_no_email','watch_email') NOT NULL DEFAULT ''

Hi, are the above queries still usable on the latest 1.x.x ? thanks

View attachment 123349

In the meantime:

Code:
UPDATE xf_user_option
SET

Code:
Is there any way to disable email notification at XFMG for the whole forum in AdminCP? Thank you.

Top Bottom