Resource icon

Disable Ads for User Agent 1.0.0

No permission to download

mazzly

mazzly submitted a new resource:

Disable Ads for User Agent - Benchmark Page Speed Insights without ads polluting the results

With this addon you can specify a list of User Agents that should not get ads rendered.

The reason I created this addon was to be able to compare Page Speed Insights results without the AdSense code messing up / polluting the results due to ads loading faster and slower between benchmarks.

By simply adding Chrome-Lighthouse to the list, all the benchmarks from PageSpeed Insights will not be affected by ads loading :)

Note: This addon is not meant to "fool" Pagespeed...

Read more about this resource...

Is there a way to wrap something around other code in the templates to disable it for Lighthouse? I've got another block of code that does a popup that is causing me a headache with Lighthouse.

Is there a way to wrap something around other code in the templates to disable it for Lighthouse? I've got another block of code that does a popup that is causing me a headache with Lighthouse.
Hmm, you could try with <xf:if is="$DisableAdsForThisUserAgent"></xf:if> which should be set in the page context when it matches...

Top Bottom