Cupara

I quit using control panels such as DirectAdmin and cPanel due to they can get costly over time. This is my first time running a server and installing XenForo with this standard. I prefer to maintain control over everything. Anyways, the problem is that I have 2 directory writable errors for the data and internal_data directories. I've updated them to 0777 but the errors still exist. I have Nginx set as the user and group in my /etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf file. I'm not sure what else to check. Oh yeah, I've changed file ownership from me to Nginx to nobody to root and still have the same problem. If you need to see any of my configuration files then please let me know.

Attachments

• XenForo 2.2.6 Pa.webp
    XenForo 2.2.6 Pa.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 22
Is it possible that because I'm running PHP 8 that this is causing the issue to arise?

EDIT: Switched PHP versions and that is not the issue. Brining a second server online to use centminmod and see if there is a difference that I missed.

Last edited:
UPDATE: I have a solution, asked a co-worker to take a look and it was what I thought just didn't remember commands to solve it, SELinux was in enforcing mode.

So here are the commands if anyone else runs into this issue.
Firstly run these 3 commands:
These commands set SELinux into Permissive mode.
Rich (BB code):
setencorce Permissive
sestatus
getenforce

Then run the following commands or just the one you need for either the data or internal_data directories:
Make sure you are in the directory that houses the data and internal_data directories. This command will change the folder policy.
Rich (BB code):
chcon -Rv --type=httpd_sys_rw_content_t data/
chcon -Rv --type=httpd_sys_rw_content_t internal_data/

FYI, SELinux needs to be turned off to run Centminmod
Yeah, I saw that from their getting started guide but I didn't have to go the route of Centminmod after all.

I've seen that cause issues many times which is why I mentioned in the ticket the other day that SELinux could be involved.
Yep and I was going on an hour of sleep so it didn't click in my head at that time. Honestly didn't click until my co-worker went in and fixed it.

Top Bottom