1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Directory like part

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by BitBiz.io, Apr 4, 2014.

1. BitBiz.io

BitBiz.io Member

I want to make a tab that's like a directory site, listing various businesses and reviews/comments about them.

Should I go with the "Resources" addon or there is more appropriate one?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The Resource Manager may work. You could post file-less resources, one for each business. Then users can post reviews.

Or you could create a review forum with one thread per business. Reviews would be replies to the threads.

BitBiz.io likes this.
  3. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Or you could get @Bob B's ShowCase and modify it to be a "Review" setup, which would also allow uploading of images (I can see where if it was an eating establishment, or something like that that could be useful).

Bob and BitBiz.io like this.
  4. BitBiz.io

BitBiz.io Member

The showcase addons seems to be perfect for the job!
    Didn't know about it, thank you Tracy!

5. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

No problem. @Bob B hit it WAY out of the ballpark with that add-on. With a little work it can be modified to be a Garage, A review section and much more more. It's WELL worth the money and there is a new BETA out that is pretty much a complete code rewrite from what it was.

Bob likes this.
  6. BitBiz.io

BitBiz.io Member

yes really looks pretty good!