Lack of interest Direct Comments

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Personally I think this is a bad idea (and it looks ugly too). This would potentially make each comment isolated from any others. Yes, people may want to do that but part of the point of comments is to also react and respond to other comments that have been made. I see this in media comments on my site. Comments can become a conversation about a piece of media. It's also evident in profile comments.

So in my opinion it shouldn't even be an option, just a 'no thanks'.

Last edited:
This would potentially make each comment isolated from any others.

depents of how you implement it.
Comments can be made visible with just one click, so they will not be "isolated".

it is similar at "Google Plus"

https://plus.google.com/ ParisHilton/posts

(and it looks ugly too)

it is just a simple "mockup" to show the idea/suggestion.
I did not focus on making the mockup to be perfectly designed.

Generally speaking, I do agree.
The XFMG needs a design overhaul.

So in my opinion it shouldn't even be an option, just a 'no thanks'.

Think out of the "box".

:cool:

Last edited:
I'm going to be blunt here. The way you put across your suggestions is poor. It seems to me that you come up with a half baked idea and only when someone pulls it apart do you then give more details, usually amending your original notion, after searching the Web for examples that you think show your suggestion. Why don't you put some proper thought into your ideas and then post these with clear detail in your first post?

it is similar at "Google Plus"
That's a completely different design with one picture at a time vertically. XFMG pages are multiple thumbnails. It wouldn't be pleasant on the eyes having those rotating comments changing on all of the thumbnails. Also IMO the comments would detract from the thumbnails. The point of these is for the user to click to see the whole image (remember thumbnails are cropped) and any accompanying comments.

Think out of the "box".
I do and if I agree I will like a suggestion and often comment. If I think an idea is a bad one, I will say so as I have done here.

Yes, XFMG could do with some improvements though I disagree that a complete overhaul is needed.

I would strongly suggest that you think carefully about your suggestions before posting them. Suggestions are always welcome if well thought out but in my opinion you just seem to be spamming suggestions with ones that haven't been carefully considered. My concern is that some of the good suggestions that have been made will be missed by users and devs due to the increasing flotsam in this forum.

Unless I'm mistaken, you haven't purchased XFMG. If am correct and you really are interested in this product, then I suggest you purchase it and try it for real on your forums. You'll get a much better idea of how it works, not just for yourself but for your forum users. This will help you see what really needs changing and which additions would be useful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom