Dimension

Dimension [Paid] 2.2.15

No permission to buy ($30.00)
I have questions regarding the style change for two different parts of a node: First, how do I change the background color of a node, and is the color 'connected' to the logo at the top of the page? anyway to disconnect them if they are connected?

Second question is how can I close te gap betwen the node header and the rest of a node. You can see from the two pictures here from two different installations, one has a gap between 'Welcome Lounge' and 'the content below, and the other 'The Chip Lounge' is a seamless/connected box with the content below it.

many many thanks for the help...
Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 11.17.17 PM.webp

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 11.17.36 PM.webp

how do I change the background color of a node, and is the color 'connected' to the logo at the top of the page? anyway to disconnect them if they are connected?
The background colour of nodes is controlled by Basic colors > Content background color

how can I close te gap betwen the node header and the rest of a node
Add to extra.less
Code:
@block-container-shift: false;
.block-header{ margin: 0; border-radius: 0; }

Hope that helps!

My themes don't come with a collapsible node feature, sorry about that!

Add the following to extra.less to change forum names:
Less:
.node-title{
    color: #ff0000;
    a{
        color: inherit;
    }
}

Thanks

And can I make collapsible node with code?

The background colour of nodes is controlled by Basic colors > Content background color

Add to extra.less
Code:
@block-container-shift: false;
.block-header{ margin: 0; border-radius: 0; }

Hope that helps!

Thank you very much! The second one worked brilliantly. But the first questions was regarding the color of the heading of the node..where in the picture below say "Welcome Lounge" How do I change that dark grey/black background. And is that color 'connected' to the logo/heading of the entire page?

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 11.17.36 PM.webp

I also like to make a few changes to how some of the bars are positoined and look like at the top of my site. Here's what my site looks like:

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 11.18.50 PM.webp

Here's what I like it to look like (with some modifications of my own).

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 11.19.30 PM.webp

I can't seem to find the right place to make the following changes...help please?:

• I want to get rid of the breadcrumbs bar on the home page, but I do want it on all other pages of the forum
  • Where do I modify the bar that say " Home...Forums...What's new...Media...Resources...Members"? I'd like add/delete to this bar. Also, how do I combine the log In/Register and Search bar to this bar, so that I don't have too many bars on top of my page? Similar to the design of Chip Donkeys?
  • When I log in as an admin, another black bar shows up on top of the screen that says "Admin...Moderator"...how do I modify or even if I want to, get rid of this bar and or combine it with another bar or move it to the box on the right side of the screen?
Many many thanks in advance...

How do I change that dark grey/black background. And is that color 'connected' to the logo/heading of the entire page?
Yeah, the category headers inherit the background colors defined under Xenfocus: Background picker

To change the colour, add the following to extra.less
Less:
#XF .block-header{
    box-shadow: rgba(0,0,0,0.3) 0px 1px 4px;
    background: #ff0000;
}

To reorganise the header, open PAGE_CONTAINER and find:
Code:
<div class='focus-ad'><xf:ad position="container_header" /></div>

{$userHtml|raw}

Change to:
Code:
<div class='focus-ad'><xf:ad position="container_header" /></div>

Next, find:
Code:
            {$userHtml|raw}
            {$navLinks|raw}
            {$xenSearch|raw}

Change to:
Code:
            {$navLinks|raw}
            {$userHtml|raw}

Further changes may be required, but that should give you a good start.

The navigation links are configured under ACP > Setup > Public navigation

I don't have a solution to repositioning your admin bar, sorry about that.

Ehren updated Dimension with a new update entry:

New features and bug fixes

This update includes:
  • Minor bug fixes from reports over the past few weeks
  • Grid layout for subforums
  • "Zebra" style rows for nodes and topic lists
  • Sticky topics are separated from regular topics with dividers
  • Redesigned search bar with an 'advanced dropdown menu'
  • Sticky side blocks
  • Discord is now supported in the social icons

Read the rest of this update entry...

Error after update to the latest version
Code:
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Function parse_...', '/home/sdaforum/...', 840, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(840): trigger_error('Function parse_...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s3/public/PAGE_CONTAINER.php(374): XF\Template\Templater->fn('parse_less_colo...', Array, true)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1230): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#4 src/XF/Pub/App.php(449): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array)
#5 src/XF/App.php(1714): XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml('\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\t\n\t\n\t...', Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(310): XF\App->renderPage('\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\t\n\t\n\t...', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#8 src/XF/App.php(1879): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#9 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#10 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#11 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(1) "/"
  ["referrer"] => string(21) "https://sdaforum.net/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I love this theme, great job!

Have you considered making a dark version of it? I see your Villain theme is similar, but it's still different enough to not exactly match this one.

I'd like to have light and dark versions of the same theme for my users to choose from.

I love this theme, great job!

Have you considered making a dark version of it? I see your Villain theme is similar, but it's still different enough to not exactly match this one.

I'd like to have light and dark versions of the same theme for my users to choose from.
Dark versions are always a popular request. It’s been considered in the past and I plan on creating some new dark themes soon so I’ll be sure to keep this in mind :)

1. Can we choose to show the side bar on all pages?

2. Can we change the width of the forum and sidebar section so it doesn't stretch to the ends of the screen as much? I like my forum thinner looking.

Top Bottom