[DigitalPoint] App for Cloudflare®

[DigitalPoint] App for Cloudflare® 1.8.2

No permission to download
Thanks for the update. However, on 1.5.4 when accessing the addon via the admin control panel, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Declaration of DigitalPoint\Cloudflare\Traits\XF::phrase($phraseKey, $params = Array) must be compatible with DigitalPoint\Cloudflare\Repository\CloudflareAbstract::phrase($phraseKey, array $params = Array) in /home/……/public_html/src/addons/DigitalPoint/Cloudflare/Repository/Cloudflare.php on line 9
Just out of curiosity, what version of PHP are you using? Trying to figure out why it didn't pop up as a problem on my servers or in IDE.

so... i am now getting 971: Please wait and consider throttling your request speed while posting a thread after updating.

i guess it's time to either pay the cloudflare support tax or stop using this addon. 🤷‍♀️

You can work around it by disabling guest page caching. But ya... if you are using guest page caching, it will tell Cloudflare to purge certain pages from it's cache when you make a new post (allows guest users to see new posts quicker).

That being said, you've always had issues with Cloudflare API rate limiting you for some reason, so it does probably make sense to get to the bottom of it for yourself and fix the root of the issue.

alright. so if i end up paying for ticket support on cloudflare, would you be able to help draft an email to tell them what exactly the problem is lol? thanks!

alright. so if i end up paying for ticket support on cloudflare, would you be able to help draft an email to tell them what exactly the problem is lol? thanks!
Sorry, talking to Cloudflare for you is outside the scope of what I'm willing to do for a free addon. Just tell them your API requests are being rate limited and you want to know why. 🤷🏻‍♂️

nah. i was just asking for technical language to mention in the email in case the error generated by the addon 971: Please wait and consider throttling your request speed is not enough.

API requests are being rate limited

i guess i would give it a go. thanks!

Update: Filed a ticket!

Last edited:
Thanks... going to build a test case to try and replicate it just because I don't want something like that to pop up again. Hopefully the patch update fixed it for you?
Now a major issue I just noticed. I tried to post a new message with guest caching turned on and got the Oops! We ran into some problems error and would not post message. Turned off guest caching and message posted fine. Have had guest caching enabled prior to upgrade to 1.5.4.1 and didn’t have this issue. Was on 1.5.3 previously.

Also, just tried to clear cache and received an Oops! We ran into some problems:

DigitalPoint\Cloudflare\Api\Exception\Server: Server error: POST https://api.cloudflare.com/client/v4/zones/…../purge_cache resulted in a 500 Internal Server Error response: { "result": null, "success": false, "errors": [ { "code": 1015, "message": "Unable to purge. Inter (truncated...) in src/addons/DigitalPoint/Cloudflare/Traits/XF.php at line 82

Last edited:
Ya, an Internal Server Error is ultimately something on Cloudflare's side and nothing we are able to fix (other than to not do the API call). I'm in the process of wrapping it in a try/catch clause because really we don't actually care (too much) if it fails for whatever reason... so makes sense to let it fail silently if there's an issue on Cloudflare's side.

Is anyone else getting 500 internal server errors from Cloudflare R2 within the last 40-90 minutes since the latest update? Hmm

Is anyone else getting 500 internal server errors from Cloudflare R2 within the last 40-90 minutes since the latest update? Hmm
I'm not (checked multiple sites). Do you have a backtrace from the XenForo error log by chance?

A 5xx error is a server error that by definition can't be fixed by the client though (things like malformed syntax, permission issues and that like are 4xx errors, which can be fixed). But a backtrace should show if the error is actually on R2's side or not.

1674588844342.webp

Sorry to just dump this on you, I have a call in less than 30 mins. I wonder if its because I turned guest page cache'ing back on, but no idea right now. Could just be an issue with on their end temporarily. I don't see anything for the latest 20 mins so not sure if its stopped.

If you click on one of those you should be able to see the URL that someone was at to trigger it. If you visit one of those URLs, are you able to generate a new error or are things back to normal/working as expected?

Might be the same issue someone saw yesterday that cleared itself up: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/digitalpoint-app-for-cloudflare®.206176/post-1611157

But ya that's definitely a 5xx error coming from a Cloudflare server. I suspect it will work itself on it's own if it hasn't already, because like I said... a 5xx error means there's nothing different we can do on our side but the server is having an issue. 4xx errors are the ones we are able to change something to change the outcome.

digitalpoint updated [DigitalPoint] App for Cloudflare® with a new update entry:

Take into account a lot of "what ifs"

• Don't assume R2 bucket still exists when getting usage stats for buckets (in case someone deleted the bucket they are currently using)
  • Fixed issue when trying to configure R2 for the first time, but Cloudflare account does not have R2 enabled yet
  • Added sanity check for external data URL option in case addon somehow got partially (but not fully) installed
  • If using guest page caching and purge cache API call fails when a new post is created, edited or deleted, fail silently...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I haven’t upgraded yet ( doing so now) and got the same errors for a spell.

C4584F7A-6C0F-4758-86B8-115868BD3B13.png

EDIT: Ninja’d.

Updated to 1.5.4.2 and reenabled guest caching to give it a shot and when trying to post a message the below error:

Error: Call to undefined method SV\WhoReplied\XF\Entity\Thread::getContentUrl() in src/addons/DigitalPoint/Cloudflare/XF/Entity/Post.php at line 33
  1. DigitalPoint\Cloudflare\XF\Entity\Post->purgeCloudflareCache() insrc/addons/DigitalPoint/Cloudflare/XF/Entity/Post.php at line 10
  2. DigitalPoint\Cloudflare\XF\Entity\Post->_postSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1208
  3. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Service/Thread/Replier.php at line 167
  4. XF\Service\Thread\Replier->_save() in src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php at line 40
  5. XF\Service\Thread\Replier->save() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php at line 461
  6. XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionAddReply() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
  7. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 248
  8. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
  9. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
  10. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2177
  11. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
  12. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Top Bottom