[DigitalPoint] App for Cloudflare®

[DigitalPoint] App for Cloudflare® 1.8.2

No permission to download
BTW, the mechanism that purges relevant URLs when a new post is made (when using guest page caching) has already been decoupled from the HTTP request for the next version. Will make posting (slightly) faster even when API is functioning normally. Instead of doing the API call right then, it sends a job to XenForo's job manager system (to be run immediately) to perform the actual API call to purge the cache.

BTW, the mechanism that purges relevant URLs when a new post is made (when using guest page caching) has already been decoupled from the HTTP request for the next version. Will make posting (slightly) faster even when API is functioning normally. Instead of doing the API call right then, it sends a job to XenForo's job manager system (to be run immediately) to perform the actual API call to purge the cache.
When did you do that? Today? :) So user will never ever see error dialog if something is wrong when purging the cache?

it sends a job to XenForo's job manager system (to be run immediately) to perform the actual API call to purge the cache.
I assume it will work fine even if I have my cron run via server cronjob?
Not triggered by every user browsing my site.

Nice update.
Thanks!

When was the last time this server was updated, especially with kernel updates, and also rebooted?

All updated, rebooted two days ago.
Does your XF install configured to use a proxy (like Tinyproxy) via config.php?
$config['http']['proxy'] to hide your main server IP.

Or does your forum connect to an external network directly?

Run mtr api.cloudflare.com -w -c10000 -z and for the Cloudflare network seeing:

Code:
                                          Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
  7. AS13335  2400:cb00:636:3::            0.2% 10000    1.0   0.9   0.5  83.7   7.5
  8. AS13335  2606:4700:300a::6813:c11d    0.2% 10000    0.6   0.5   0.5  21.0   0.4

Previous hops have 0.0% loss.

Maybe server IP is getting filtered by Cloudflare?

Opened support tickets on both Linode and Cloudflare, will see what will they say.

Last edited:
Maybe try IPv4 as well. Easy test and might be helpful to know if it’s an issue with one protocol or both.

Also probably makes sense to test to something other than Cloudflare to see how widespread it is.

Eager to test this out :)

digitalpoint updated [DigitalPoint] App for Cloudflare® with a new update entry:

Mostly optimizations

• Fixed issue where you would get a Call to a member function getBody() on array exception instead of the intended HTTP response if an API call failed twice (it automatically does a retry if it failed once)
  • When using guest page caching, decouple the purge cache mechanism from the http request (the purge cache action is sent to XenForo's job system)
  • Show egress bandwidth when hovering over R2 class A or class B operation stats
  • Reorganized settings to align...

Read the rest of this update entry...

You can do that just fine and you can configure whatever you want to do manually. There is nothing in this addon that is required for a site to use Cloudflare. If you want to use some of the more advanced things like R2 or image proxying without an addon, you of course will need to code that yourself. But fundamentally, there's nothing in this addon that is required to use basic Cloudflare services. For example, xenforo.com uses Cloudflare and doesn't use this addon.

Happy I found this addon, haven't used XF in a while. Thanks for making it for easier access to CF without having to load up multiple sites on occasion.

Working on a tool that allows you to do a simulated request and trace it as it passes through different Cloudflare products and phases. Allows you to see what exactly is configured in Cloudflare that could have blocked a request. Before I get too far along in it, I wanted to ask if this even makes sense to you guys...

1687548318306.png

You can see what product/phase matched the request and possibly took action on the request...

1687548410028.png

If I simulate the request coming from Antartica, I can see the request would have been blocked by the http_request_firewall_custom phase where I made a firewall rule to test things where I'm blocking traffic from Antartica.

1687548486096.png

Obviously it's more of a debugging tool than something you would use day to day, but as a debugging tool, does it make sense?

Last edited:
Working on a tool that allows you to do a simulated request and trace it as it passes through different Cloudflare products and phases. Allows you to see what exactly is configured in Cloudflare that could have blocked a request. Before I get too far along in it, I wanted to ask if this even makes sense to you guys...

View attachment 287613

You can see what product/phase matched the request and possibly took action on the request...

View attachment 287614

If I simulate the request coming from Antartica, I can see the request would have been blocked by the http_request_firewall_custom phase where I made a firewall rule to test things where I'm blocking traffic from Antartica.

View attachment 287615

Obviously it's more of a debugging tool than something you would use day to day, but as a debugging tool, does it make sense?
Could this possibly help fix my problem with cookies being broken? Not sure what's causing it since a friend runs a VPS and gave me free space on it, but they run Object Cache machine-wide.

Could this possibly help fix my problem with cookies being broken? Not sure what's causing it since a friend runs a VPS and gave me free space on it, but they run Object Cache machine-wide.
Probably not unless you are doing something with the cookies at the network level (as they pass through Cloudflare). It's limited to things Cloudflare is doing (blocking or altering a request for example).

Probably not unless you are doing something with the cookies at the network level (as they pass through Cloudflare). It's limited to things Cloudflare is doing (blocking or altering a request for example).
ah ok, yea, I'm not sure what's going on but my latest thread. Cookies and a "security error." are constantly popping up preventing people from logging in and registering:

Tried removing your cloudflare and security/passkey addons to see if that fixed it, no go.

So I got hit with the Cloudflare 971 error after the latest update. I am guessing because of cache cleaning on new post in thread. Please consider adding an option to disable this functionality! Probably would end up putting me back in their api throttle hellhole again 😬

Top Bottom